IRO or RC 3.5" lift? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IRO or RC 3.5" lift?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #31
FAlfani81
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz

IRO uses their own springs with all their lifts and has RC Hydro 8000 shocks as the standard shocks with some of their lifts. The lifts can be upgraded to RC Nitro 9000 shocks, DT 8000s, or Blisteins. The long arm kits come with DT 8000s because they're one of the longest shocks you can mount in the stock locations. They also used to offer RC kits, IIRC. They had the 4" lift from them. I'd imagine that lift came with a RC warranty, not the IRO warranty.
Not to get off topic or out of forum...

A friend of mine just lifted his XJ with IROs 4" long arm kit. The lift for the rear was originally an add a leaf, but they offered a 3.5" RC leaf spring assembly as an upgrade to add a leaf.

I personally thought that was odd, but it does sit pretty on 33"s!

image-1833259609.jpg   image-471840217.jpg  
FAlfani81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #32
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I should have said that they make their own coils, not springs. I wasn't referring to leaf springs. I can't vouch for those owning a ZJ.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #33
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Get some of those Bushwacker flat fenders on the XJ and it would look awesomer. I think they should make those flat fenders for the ZJ.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift kit advice

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.