IRO kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IRO kit

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 05-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
fljeepney
1998 ZJ 

IRO kit

Found a 3.5 Iro lift kit on their site for $329.00.
Foundation series.I'm thinking about buying it.
I hear Iro has a good rep,but I want to know more
before I buy.
Here's the link;
http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFZ

fljeepney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

You still need front and rear adjustable track bars. I would also go ahead and get a set of rear coils and quick disconnects too. Front coils in the back ride pretty rough.

Also consider upgrading the shocks to DT's or better.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
fljeepney
1998 ZJ 

I know this may be a stupid question to most of you,but what is the purpose of quick disconnects?
New to Jeep for 3 months now,sorry
Unread 05-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljeepney View Post
I know this may be a stupid question to most of you,but what is the purpose of quick disconnects?
New to Jeep for 3 months now,sorry
its to disconnect your sway bar for more flex. if you get them with the intent to use them you should also get extended brake lines.
[SIZE="1"][B]'95 ZJ:[/B] 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump[/SIZE]

[B][I]It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.[/I][/B]

[size="1"][I]R.I.P. 2000 TJ[/I][/size]
[size="1"][I]R.I.P. '95 YJ[/I][/size]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][FONT="IMPACT"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/sskillas-build-thread-1408321"][COLOR="Black"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
sskilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
fljeepney
1998 ZJ 

Thanks for the info.I'm ready to lift this thing!
Unread 05-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #6
Juegernaut
1996 ZJ 

I'm looking to do a lift as well, would I need adjustable track bars or could I just get away with drilling new holes. The only reason I ask is that I was reading an installation manual for a kit and it said to just drill a hole about a 1/4" to the right of the existing one. I don't plan to do much if any off roading, I just like the look of a lifted jeep more
Juegernaut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.