IRO double shear track bar kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IRO double shear track bar kit

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 08-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
ilive4cars0122
1998 ZJ 

IRO double shear track bar kit

Is anyone running the Iron Rock Offroad double shear track bar for 1"-5" lift? I ask because the installation instructions do not say a recommended length to have it adjusted to for anything below a 3.5" lift. Before buying it I also want to know if the 1"-5" bar will work for me because the instructions also say you need at least one inch of thread engagement. If the bar is only 33 3/4" center to center and the recommended length for a 3.5" lift is 33 5/8" center to center, doesn't that only leave 1/8" thread engagement? I contacted the company but failed to ask these questions and now they are closed. I am in desperate need of a track bar and wanted to bite the bullet and get the upgraded one now. Any help is appreciated Thanks

ilive4cars0122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
ravinsaend
1997 ZJ 

I don't have an answer but I do have a question so thought I'd add it as I hate making new threads for everything i read and find questions about(would be an awful lot of threads if I did that)

I've seen all sorts of threads about track bars but have yet to find this answer: What is the difference between a regular adjustable track bar and the double shear track bar?(<--I have no idea what that means)
ravinsaend is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
melk
1996 ZJ 

Double shear refers to the mounting bracket. It passes through two mounting holes and is much stronger than just 1 mount point.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinsaend View Post
I don't have an answer but I do have a question so thought I'd add it as I hate making new threads for everything i read and find questions about(would be an awful lot of threads if I did that)

I've seen all sorts of threads about track bars but have yet to find this answer: What is the difference between a regular adjustable track bar and the double shear track bar?(<--I have no idea what that means)
double shear has a rubber bushing (like you have on your axle side) on both ends with a new frame bracket
Unread 08-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

I'm almost certain you'll be fine with it at 3.5"
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #6
AlphaLorde
1998 ZJ 

I have both of their tbars.

@ 3.5" you will have about 1-1.5" or so of the threads showing w/ most of the threads inside of the tbar.

Could always call em today
Unread 08-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
AlphaLorde
1998 ZJ 

I love their shop and the customer service!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.