IRO double shear track bar kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IRO double shear track bar kit

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
ilive4cars0122
1998 ZJ 

IRO double shear track bar kit

Is anyone running the Iron Rock Offroad double shear track bar for 1"-5" lift? I ask because the installation instructions do not say a recommended length to have it adjusted to for anything below a 3.5" lift. Before buying it I also want to know if the 1"-5" bar will work for me because the instructions also say you need at least one inch of thread engagement. If the bar is only 33 3/4" center to center and the recommended length for a 3.5" lift is 33 5/8" center to center, doesn't that only leave 1/8" thread engagement? I contacted the company but failed to ask these questions and now they are closed. I am in desperate need of a track bar and wanted to bite the bullet and get the upgraded one now. Any help is appreciated Thanks

ilive4cars0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
ravinsaend
1997 ZJ 

I don't have an answer but I do have a question so thought I'd add it as I hate making new threads for everything i read and find questions about(would be an awful lot of threads if I did that)

I've seen all sorts of threads about track bars but have yet to find this answer: What is the difference between a regular adjustable track bar and the double shear track bar?(<--I have no idea what that means)
ravinsaend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
melk
1996 ZJ 

Double shear refers to the mounting bracket. It passes through two mounting holes and is much stronger than just 1 mount point.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 06:45 AM   #4
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinsaend View Post
I don't have an answer but I do have a question so thought I'd add it as I hate making new threads for everything i read and find questions about(would be an awful lot of threads if I did that)

I've seen all sorts of threads about track bars but have yet to find this answer: What is the difference between a regular adjustable track bar and the double shear track bar?(<--I have no idea what that means)
double shear has a rubber bushing (like you have on your axle side) on both ends with a new frame bracket
Unread 08-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

I'm almost certain you'll be fine with it at 3.5"
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
AlphaLorde
1998 ZJ 

I have both of their tbars.

@ 3.5" you will have about 1-1.5" or so of the threads showing w/ most of the threads inside of the tbar.

Could always call em today
Unread 08-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
AlphaLorde
1998 ZJ 

I love their shop and the customer service!!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.