IRO Benchmark Lift Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IRO Benchmark Lift Questions

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
BonBon541
1997 ZJ 

IRO Benchmark Lift Questions

I've been scouring the web for a budget friendly, yet solid 3.5 inch lift for my '97 ZJ. I always hear good stuff about IRO and their 3.5" benchmark kit is just the right price. However, I don't understand how it works that the OEM front springs get moved to the rear, and new springs are put into the front. Wouldn't that make the Jeep unlevel? More stiff in the front than the back? Blablabla...I just figured that the OEM springs would be the same length front and rear. Can anybody clarify how it is possible to get a 3.5" lift and level ride by moving front springs back?

BonBon541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 04:00 AM   #2
ZJfamilyfun
1998 ZJ 

If you look the front springs are significantly taller then the rear. So those will lift the rear 3.5" then you replace the fronts with new 3.5" springs.
ZJfamilyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
Kolak
Vendor

You probably have the best front springs for a front to rear swap given that you have an I6. The V8 springs can lift considerably more.

Contact me via PM or email me at kolak@aol.com if you'd like an IRO lift. They are offering free shipping right now.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #4
98zjay
1998 ZJ 

I bought a rough country 3.5" and did the f>r swap. The front sagged and needed spacers. Actually the kit came with 4" springs and 2 isolators just bc of the v8 weight. I went with iron rock 4.5" springs in the front instead with the factory front springs still in the rear and a 1.75" poly spacer added. Iro guarantees their springs to never lose more than 5% height or money back. Iro is good stuff.
98zjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.