IRO 5.5 inch kit - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IRO 5.5 inch kit

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 07-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #16
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98gczj View Post
What do u mean upgrade your steering what did u have to do ?
Well in the instructions it says to bend 5 angel in the draglink well tye shop ****ed that up so I ended up going with IRO's heavy duty steering (with heims). Then I blew 2 durango steering boxes so now I added steering stops and installed a grand wagoneer box with a steering box brace form fortcollinszj.

squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #17
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

I'm running this suspension on my 5.9 but i had them swap in 4.5" coils. Mine is all adjustable and I got JKS disconnects and ordered bilsteins from another vendor. Very happy with it. Just make sure everything is tight. I was getting a noise when I turn and the front frame side track bar bolt wasn't tight. I had a clunk on the left front when hitting bumps and my coil spring was catching on the bumpstop extension so I grinded that down and it's all good. Also, I installed it with the TCase drop and that popped out my transfer case linkage. It was making noise too. Eliminated the TCase drop and popped the bushing back.in and no more noise and I got 4Lo back. And my exhaust was clanking against the new crossmember. Cut and welded the hanger and it's all good now.

The 3-link front long arm is my favorite. Offers massive flex with no chance of binding. I would definitely do it again and I plan to do a triangulated 4-link in the rear. The ride is very good. Got no vibes or noises (after I fixed the small problems) and best of all, no death wobble. Very easy install except for the steering. I would buy OTK if that's possible. Stock steering will work but mine still contacts the sway bar link on pass side but it's not a big deal. Took a couple days to get the steering to work tho, that doesnt happen in most cases tho.

Let me know if u have any questions or see my build thread. Good luck.

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #18
-HH-Racer
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebs53
I'm running this suspension on my 5.9 but i had them swap in 4.5" coils. Mine is all adjustable and I got JKS disconnects and ordered bilsteins from another vendor. Very happy with it. Just make sure everything is tight. I was getting a noise when I turn and the front frame side track bar bolt wasn't tight. I had a clunk on the left front when hitting bumps and my coil spring was catching on the bumpstop extension so I grinded that down and it's all good. Also, I installed it with the TCase drop and that popped out my transfer case linkage. It was making noise too. Eliminated the TCase drop and popped the bushing back.in and no more noise and I got 4Lo back. And my exhaust was clanking against the new crossmember. Cut and welded the hanger and it's all good now.

The 3-link front long arm is my favorite. Offers massive flex with no chance of binding. I would definitely do it again and I plan to do a triangulated 4-link in the rear. The ride is very good. Got no vibes or noises (after I fixed the small problems) and best of all, no death wobble. Very easy install except for the steering. I would buy OTK if that's possible. Stock steering will work but mine still contacts the sway bar link on pass side but it's not a big deal. Took a couple days to get the steering to work tho, that doesnt happen in most cases tho.

Let me know if u have any questions or see my build thread. Good luck.
Say if you order the kit with no shocks right, beacause you are planning on buying foxracing/king shocks, how would you know how much travel to get in the schocks, is it like 12" in the front? And im planning on running the rear shocks through the body for more travle, so im
Thinking 16" in the rear, does that sound right?
-HH-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #19
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Talk to cAcHe about that, he runs kings and has em thru the rear. I have bilsteins for a 6" lift for a little extra downtravel. Mine are 12" travel up front. Not sure about the rear cuz they're a little shorter, probably about the same tho.

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
Unread 07-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #20
-HH-Racer
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebs53
Talk to cAcHe about that, he runs kings and has em thru the rear. I have bilsteins for a 6" lift for a little extra downtravel. Mine are 12" travel up front. Not sure about the rear cuz they're a little shorter, probably about the same tho.
Yeah i love his set up, im plannin on getting that iro 5.5 kit, i might just get the bilsteins
-HH-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #21
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

I'm very happy with the bilsteins. Coilovers would be nice tho with a triple bypass up front

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.