IRO 5.5 inch kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IRO 5.5 inch kit

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-18-2011, 12:51 AM   #1
98gczj
1998 ZJ 

IRO 5.5 inch kit

dose anyone have the iron rock off road 5.5 fixed long arm kit? i didnt see any reviews on this paticular kit and was wondering if this kit was worth buying ? i will be coming into some money here in october and was wondering what will give me the best bang for my buck, and so far this kit looks superb. will i run into any problems with this kit ? it also says something about a trans 4 hole or 2 hole mount how will i know witch one to get? i have a 98 5.9 limited

98gczj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
98gczj
1998 ZJ 

Bump
Unread 07-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

I am running the IRO long arms and the belly skid and I would do it again in a heart beat. The arms are pure beef, even coming down on rocks didn't phase them. The install is very straight forward and even someone who hasnt lifted a ZJ before can do it easily in a weekend. The 4 hole or 2 hole is for the transmission mount. You most likely has a 4 hole, but you can check by looking on the underside of the crossmember and you will see either 2 or 4 bolts below the trans mount.

Upgrade to the Bilstien shocks and JKS disconnects.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
98gczj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
I am running the IRO long arms and the belly skid and I would do it again in a heart beat. The arms are pure beef, even coming down on rocks didn't phase them. The install is very straight forward and even someone who hasnt lifted a ZJ before can do it easily in a weekend. The 4 hole or 2 hole is for the transmission mount. You most likely has a 4 hole, but you can check by looking on the underside of the crossmember and you will see either 2 or 4 bolts below the trans mount.

are your running the fixed arms or the adjustabels?
Unread 07-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #5
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Fixed long arms in the front and all adjustable short arms in the back
Unread 07-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
98gczj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Fixed long arms in the front and all adjustable short arms in the back
hows the ride ? did you have any problems with this kit?
Unread 07-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #7
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

im also running this kit but mine is fully adjustable, the ride is pretty good i mean its a lifted jeep not a Cadillac the only problem i ran into was that my front driveshaft was too short

1994 grand cherokee laredo 4.0 IRO 5.5 critical path long arm kit and OTK steering 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2's

high pinion dana 30 and 8.8 in garage
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/lateralus3s-slow-build-thread-1042086/"]my build thread[/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]FOR SALE ONE SET OF ZJ D44A AXLE SHAFTS $150 SHIPPED[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
lateralus3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #8
98gczj
1998 ZJ 

i appericate the insight , ill be ordering this kit here soon with the adjustables
Unread 07-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #9
leadfootny
1996 ZJ 

I've been running this kit for about a month and LOVE it. With doetsch tech shocks it rides amazing. I have fixed la in front with fixed sa in rear. I do have a minor driveline vibe in the rear and will prob swap in adj rear uppers soon. Flex is amazing and highway driving up to 75 is very smooth. Well worth the investment....plus that iron y is just bada**. Took myself and two buddies approx 11 hours to do and that includes trying to source a piece of brakeline that got snapped at 8 on a sunday night...
Unread 07-19-2011, 12:26 AM   #10
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:

Great kit I like it as well i upgrade the shocks dostech got all arms adjustable arms
and if flex's... Well just look

Rear flex

I had to lengthen my REAR drive shaft bout 4inches
and upgrade my steering, lenthen my rear axle vent hose

Only problem now is tgat I want rear long arms
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #11
funkyZJ
1998 ZJ 

Definately upgrade the shocks. I cant wait to get new ones. I went with the basic ones and they really SUCK! Very stiff
funkyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #12
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

the doetchtecs arent that bad of a ride but i wish i had gone with the bilsteins

1994 grand cherokee laredo 4.0 IRO 5.5 critical path long arm kit and OTK steering 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2's

high pinion dana 30 and 8.8 in garage
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/lateralus3s-slow-build-thread-1042086/"]my build thread[/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]FOR SALE ONE SET OF ZJ D44A AXLE SHAFTS $150 SHIPPED[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
lateralus3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #13
gothchick
1998 ZJ 

Very nice flex indeed... I can haz? :-)

Finished 4x2 --> 4x4 conversion.
gothchick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #14
98gczj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz

Great kit I like it as well i upgrade the shocks dostech got all arms adjustable arms
and if flex's... Well just look

Rear flex

I had to lengthen my REAR drive shaft bout 4inches
and upgrade my steering, lenthen my rear axle vent hose

Only problem now is tgat I want rear long arms
What do u mean upgrade your steering what did u have to do ?
Unread 07-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #15
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

You dont have to upgrade. I am running the stock steering with no issues.

You can upgrade to the IRO or Currie OTK systems.

As for problems, I only had the exhaust rattle against the subframe for the longarms, its a pretty easy fix requiring a cut on the hanger and re-welding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.