IRO 4.5 inch lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IRO 4.5 inch lift?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 05-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
MrMoosecakes
1997 ZJ 

IRO 4.5 inch lift?

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFZ

Alright so in about a week ill will be purchasing a lift for my currently stock 5.2 TSi. I'm pretty much positive I'm going with the IRO 4.5 inch lift. But before I make my purchase I want to be sure I buy every component needed to make this lift functional so if anyone can tell me what other things I would need to buy separately that would be awesome. Thanks

MrMoosecakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
MrMoosecakes
1997 ZJ 

Also I will be getting the set of upper and lower control arms with it
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

You might as well get the premium lift if you're going to get the control arms as well. When I did mine, I got the 3.5" benchmark lift, all the control arms, and the adjustable rear trackbar along with it. I didn't want to go up to 4.5" of lift because that's pretty much the very upper limit of comfort for short arms. With my DT3000 shocks, the ride quality isn't too bad.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
MrMoosecakes
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
You might as well get the premium lift if you're going to get the control arms as well. When I did mine, I got the 3.5" benchmark lift, all the control arms, and the adjustable rear trackbar along with it. I didn't want to go up to 4.5" of lift because that's pretty much the very upper limit of comfort for short arms. With my DT3000 shocks, the ride quality isn't too bad.
But if I went with the premium lift does it come with everything I need? Ill be driving it on road too so I wanna be sure I do it right and not turn my jeep into a sketchy death trap
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
MrMoosecakes
1997 ZJ 

And is it worth the extra $160 to substitute the heavy duty control arms with adjustable ones?
Unread 05-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

It's got everything but you might want to call and have them replace the rear HD trackbar with their adjustable one. I'd say get adjustable upper arms; the lowers should be okay. I only have adjustable upper in the rear and my pinion angles are good, front and rear. Don't pay extra for the Nitro shocks either. Get either the base Hydros or upgrade to the DT8000s; if you're feeling rather spendy, get the Blisteins. Get the Tenneco HD steering stabilizer from them, too. Other than that, it should be good.
Unread 05-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Depending on your ZJ, you might need brake lines. I don't need them at my height with full flex but some people do.
Unread 05-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #8
Kolak
Vendor

I'm an IRO dealer and am very familiar with exactly what you will need for your lift. Send me a message here on the forum and we can chat in detail
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.