Iro 2" bb - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Iro 2" bb

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
capcyclone

1998 ZJ 

Iro 2" bb

So I'm considering of picking up the 2" BB from IRO - I'm thinking of just living with the Rancho 5000 shocks I have on it now for a while to see how it rides. From what I understand I'm only going to add about 1.75" technically...so I'm thinking the stock length shocks will be okay for a while - am I correct?

Unread 04-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
capcyclone

1998 ZJ 

Also, when I add the 2" pucks, I'm upgrading the front & rear sway bars and links and all the control arms. Replacing the CAs seems easier than just the bushings.

So, while I'm doing these things - is there anything else suspension related I should consider doing?
Unread 04-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #3
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

Save up and get the 3.5 kit from IRO , I ran the BB for a year till I upgraded. I got new shocks with it when I got the BB

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 01:39 AM   #4
capcyclone

1998 ZJ 

The issue I have is that I'm not ready to get wheels & tires and I'm concerned a 3.5" lift with stock wheels/tires will look silly. Or should I just be thick skinned and drive it with the lift until I'm ready to go bigger on the tires?
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

If anyone asks, tell them that due to the sequester, your tires are on furlough. Get the 3.5.

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
Kolak
Vendor

Don't forget to hit me up for any IRO items you may want. I'm an IRO dealer and would be very happy to assist.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #7
capcyclone

1998 ZJ 

Great - I definitely will - thanks Nick.
Unread 04-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
srieger
1995 ZJ 

No need to do sway bars really. On my 2" I'm running stock sways no problem. But if your gonna shell out the money for new CA's, definitely just get the 3.5. I wish I skipped the 2" since I already ordered the benchmark kit from iro. I'm kicking myself for wasting the money on the 2" only to upgrade 3 months later, and trust me you'll want to upgrade lol
srieger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #9
capcyclone

1998 ZJ 

Yeah - the only reason I'm doing the sway bars is because I have them - and have had them.....for a while. LOL! Bushings on all suspension parts are shot on this beast - so I figured instead of changing bushings - I might as well upgrade the parts with new bushings.

I picked up a brand new Hellwig rear sway bar from a guy on CL on the cheap....and picked up an Addco front sway bar from Kolak - so when I make a decision on the lift - I'll just intall everything at once. Looking forward to it - it will be fun!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.