Introduction and question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Introduction and question

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 06-03-2004, 10:28 AM   #1
Serstylz2

Introduction and question

What's up everyone, I got a 94 GC Limited 5.2 V8 gas guzzler. I'm handin it over to my dad in a few days, but it has some mods on it already and there's one last thing I want to do. The passenger side headlamp is terribly dull compared to the driver's side lamp, because the driver's side lamp was repaired due to an accident about a year ago. I want to remove my passenger side lamp to clean it up and try to match it with the driver's side lamp. My dad said that the lamps are connected to the same parts that hold the RADIATOR in. Is there an easy way for me to get to it? Thank

Also, has anyone lost all power to their fog lights? I tried replacing the bulbs and got nothing.. I noticed that some wire was exposed on the driver side fog lamp so I removed the rusted area and reattached the wires and still got nothing. Thanks in advance.

www.cardomain.com/id/serstylz <-- pics of the Grand.

Serstylz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2004, 10:50 AM   #2
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

The head lamps on a 94 GC are held in by a type of ball & socket connector(s). They pop forward by pushing from behind the lamps with a lot of force. When I did mine, I broke one of the connectors. New head lamps can be found on ebay for half the cost that the dealer would charge. The lenses are plastic with a thin film of plastic on the front. Mine are pealing. Maybe they can be buffed-out? I removed mine to glue the two halves together because they would fill up with water.

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2004, 10:57 AM   #3
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

Maybe I misunderstood you…if you need to replace only the bulb, then rotate the locking ring counterclockwise (about an 1/8th of a turn) and pull the bulb straight back & out.

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2004, 10:58 AM   #4
PlatinumZJ
Senior Moment Member

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
What's up everyone, I got a 94 GC Limited 5.2 V8 gas guzzler. I'm handin it over to my dad in a few days, but it has some mods on it already and there's one last thing I want to do. The passenger side headlamp is terribly dull compared to the driver's side lamp, because the driver's side lamp was repaired due to an accident about a year ago. I want to remove my passenger side lamp to clean it up and try to match it with the driver's side lamp. My dad said that the lamps are connected to the same parts that hold the RADIATOR in. Is there an easy way for me to get to it? Thank

Also, has anyone lost all power to their fog lights? I tried replacing the bulbs and got nothing.. I noticed that some wire was exposed on the driver side fog lamp so I removed the rusted area and reattached the wires and still got nothing. Thanks in advance.

www.cardomain.com/id/serstylz <-- pics of the Grand.
Did you check the fuse?
Doug
Links: Kevin (AKA KOR) for ZJ & WJ stuff,
Kolak for performance stuff. I6 performance info at Dino's jeep 4.0 performance site
Other stuff: Kevin's Roof Rack. KOR sliders, Bored 62mm TB, Blaupunkt Bermuda w/ ipod, Brembo Slotted rotors,
OME steering stabilizer, H4 headlight upgrade...
PlatinumZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2004, 11:41 AM   #5
Serstylz2

Thanks for the replies, I'm gonna go yank at the lamps now. I noticed that Jeep uses a lot of connectors like that; they are all around the doors too; small yellow ones that break easily. I haven't checked the fuse yet either, I'll look there too. Thanks again - Arel
Serstylz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2004, 12:24 PM   #6
acitydweller

i'd definitely look at the fuses first before yanking stuff out.
acitydweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.