Intermittent starting problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Intermittent starting problems

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 07-06-2005, 05:10 PM   #1
les arcis

Intermittent starting problems

Hello everyone. I'm a new Jeep owner and love the thing, btw the jeeps not new - 1993 Grand Cherokee 4 litre in line 6 cylinder!! However, its giving me a few problems and hope someone may be able to help.

The Jeep is lhd, Ive bought it to take to France and have had it LPG'd. Didn't have the problem before the conversion, but have a feeling its not just simply a problem with the gas system, although I wonder if it could be affecting something else.

Since then its had a recurring problem of not starting after a drive. It always starts first thing in the morning, but when I take it for a drive, typically, I may stop the car either for a few minutes or an hour or so, then when I come to start the car it just turns over and wont start if I leave it for an hour or so -it will start????
This doesn't happen every time but quite often.

The guy that fitted the lpg has been a great help -and is pretty sure it's flooding, but we cant work out why. I've fitted a new idle air control valve, seems to help a bit but prob stil there.

Other potential culprits seem to be intake air sensor, map sensor or coolant sensor.

Has anyone hit the same problem? I don't mind buying the bits but don't want to randomnly buy parts without being sure of the cause.

Still love the car - Have a silly question too, can anyone tell me why its called a "Limited" on the reg doc, but got "Laredo" on the car.

Any suggestions welcome

les arcis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2005, 06:01 PM   #2
starheimberger

i have seen some guys talking about heat soak affecting the injectors on a 4.0. does the lpg use regular injectors?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.