Intermittent pulling to right w/ rear end noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Intermittent pulling to right w/ rear end noise

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJ

Unread 06-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
BrandonTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Intermittent pulling to right w/ rear end noise

Been reading all the noise-related threads for my (new to me) ZJ, but my issue seems different. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

I get an occasional whrring noise from the rear end while on the highway.
This only happens once I've been on the highway for 10-15 minutes and only lasts a few seconds. It comes back at random intervals, maybe 2-3 times a minute.
The scary thing is that when it happens, the Jeep pulls to the right suddenly.

At all other times, the steering is good and tight. There are no other strange noises or symptoms.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Unread 06-07-2011, 03:30 AM   #2
mudruna
1994 ZJ 

sounds like an axle bearing failing, I wouldn't drive it like that. If the bearing fully locks up or comes apart it can do some real damage.
Unread 06-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #3
BrandonTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was afraid it might be something like that.
Thanks, I'll take it in.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.