interior and under hood lights not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > interior and under hood lights not working

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
1998grand
1998 ZJ 

interior and under hood lights not working

ok so i got tired of my sagging head liner in my jeep so i pulled it out. i took the roof console out so i can take the headliner out. when i went to re-install the console none of the interior lights worked. the gas milage/compass display still works but not the lights. my dash lights all still work. i noticed that the light under the hood no longer works when the hood is up either. When i turn my alarm on/off via the keyless entry the parking lights used to blink but no longer do. no issues with the headlights themselves. im wondering if everything that is not working are all ran together and if maybe a fuse blew when i was removing and installing the console. has anyone had this issue that can shed some light? if they are all on 1 system do you know where the fuse might be for them?

1998grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

There are quite a few wires above the console. If it happened after re-installation, I would take it off and make sure none of them ripped or are showing bare wire.

Best to pull all the fuses and check them. Only takes five minutes.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 04:39 AM   #3
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

Mine had pinched wires in it to start with before headliner replacement. Check them out closely. If you have an ohm meter check each wire for continuity and shorts.
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
GaJeepDriver
1997 ZJ 

I took my headliner out this afternoon and I am having the exact same problem. I even tried them with the console down while checking/shaking wires to no avail. I will look more into it tomorrow since I ran out of daylight. If I figure out whats causing them not to work I will post back if you haven't beaten me to it.
GaJeepDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
Gr8Hondo
1993 ZJ 

In the PDC up front you should have a 20amp fuse that is the Ignition Off Draw fuse and has likely blown.
Gr8Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #6
GaJeepDriver
1997 ZJ 

Found my problem. Maybe yours is the same. There is a small pull off cover in the passenger floorboard area, right hand side. The 10 amp fuse for the courtesy lights is in that fuse box. Mine was blown. There should be extra fuses and a fuse puller attatched to the cover so no need to go out and buy a fuse.
GaJeepDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
1998grand
1998 ZJ 

that was the first thing i tried. still havnt figured it out. will have to use a meter to check and see which wire isnt getting power.
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
1998grand
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Hondo View Post
In the PDC up front you should have a 20amp fuse that is the Ignition Off Draw fuse and has likely blown.
"pdc"?
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

power distribution center

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #10
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998grand View Post
that was the first thing i tried. still havnt figured it out. will have to use a meter to check and see which wire isnt getting power.
Verify +12v on both ends of Junction Block Fuse#16 (10amp). Nothing else common to hood/interior lamps unless JB problem.
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 08:53 PM   #11
farmr550
1998 ZJ 

same problem

I have the same problem with mine. The lights all worked until I installed the head liner. I have checked the fuse #16 and it is fine. Tomorrow I am going to finish checking but so far I can't find 12 volts anywhere on the courtesy circuits. Plus when I turn on the headlights now the dash lights are very dim and won't brighten. Wish I had a better diagram that Haynes provides. I hope you figure it out so I can!! By the way mine is a 98 limited with the 5.2.
farmr550 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.