Interior swap- interchangeability among model years - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Interior swap- interchangeability among model years

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 05-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
x1n54n3x
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Interior swap- interchangeability among model years

I'm in the decision making phase of either saving up for a new jeep (I'd most likely go 00 or 01 XJ) or doing a semi-restoration of my current 94 ZJ.

The biggest incentive to buying the newer xj is the update in model years. To be honest, I'm tired of the same beat up, 20 year old interior.

This brings me to the question (I've searched and found fragments in unresolved threads) what is the interchangeability among Grand Cherokee model years?

I'm assuming 94 will interchange with up to 98 pretty easily, but what about beyond that? If anyone has any resources or threads from other forums, I'd appreciate it. I really want to get some heated (Leather) seats in the front and back (back heat, not a priority- I'm not sure they even exist in GCs), updated center console that isn't destroyed and maybe, MAYBE even a newer dash, depending on how cheap I can snag one off of a wreck.

Thanks for the help and direction.

x1n54n3x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Dash and front door panels are different from 93-95 and 96-98. Good bit of change in the interior between those years.
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
x1n54n3x
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I figured the dash was a long shot, but thought it was worth it to ask about a 98 dash in a 94. I'd still like to change out everything from seats to the center console. Is there anywhere I could find dimensions/track positioning on the seats from a 99+?
Unread 05-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

You would need to change everything up to the firewall to change dash/doors front interior. There was significant change in everything for the face lift.
Wj stuff is not even close, might get the front seats to work, but I like the zj seats better.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
coralman
I can wish can't I?

1998 ZJ 

Yeah, wj seats suck.
Unread 05-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I like my WJ seats...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
Jeeples
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
Wj stuff is not even close, might get the front seats to work, but I like the zj seats better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
Yeah, wj seats suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
I like my WJ seats...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum

I like the fact that the WJ seats actually have some hint of side bolster support. When I drive my ZJ I feel like I slide around alot in my seat.

However, it seems like the WJ seat foam breaks down quicker. On my wife's WJ the seat cushion foam is starting to give and the outside half of the seat cushion doesn't really provide any support. At 230k miles, the seat foam in my ZJ still feels brand new. Not to mention, the WJ seat frames/brackets like to break.

Its like Chrysler got it half right on each seat design.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
x1n54n3x
1998 XJ Cherokee 

@Ratmonkey so you're saying I should just find some nice leather zj seats then.. Were heated seats ever available in the zj?
Unread 05-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #9
x1n54n3x
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ah, limited had power and heated seats. Sweet.
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #10
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1n54n3x View Post
Ah, limited had power and heated seats. Sweet.
In front. No rear, though.

Tags
interior , swap , zj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.