interior lights not working. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > interior lights not working.

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 12-30-2008, 07:23 PM   #1
highriskpb_nick
2003 WJ 

interior lights not working.

buenos noches!

i have a 2003 jeep grand cherokee laredo.

when i open the doors the main lights don't turn on. (The lights that help you see...) the dash lights and all that is working and fine.

Questions.
could it be a fuse?
do the lights run off the same fuse as the radio like alot of cars/trucks?
where could i get this part?

thanks, nick

highriskpb_nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2008, 07:52 PM   #2
SET2JET

can you turn them on manually with your dimmer... or do you have your dome light turned off with your dimmer
SET2JET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #3
highriskpb_nick
2003 WJ 

no the dimmer doesnt do anything for them the dimmer works like it should with the other lights tho.
Unread 01-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
highriskpb_nick
2003 WJ 

anything? no ideas?
Unread 01-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #5
teenwolf1393
1997 ZJ 

id like to find this out too. i checked the fuse in mine and its good, i find it highly unlikely that all the dome lights would burn out at the same time
teenwolf1393 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
JackAysJake

So what your saying is that when you slide the dimmer switch all the way, the interior light wont come on? have you tried opening all doors to trigger the door jam switch? what about when you unlock the jeep, the interior lights should come on then.
JackAysJake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
teenwolf1393
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenwolf1393 View Post
id like to find this out too. i checked the fuse in mine and its good, i find it highly unlikely that all the dome lights would burn out at the same time
so tonight i decided to pull the overhead info center down to see if i could spot anything that was burnt/melted, i did find that the plug that works the lights was disconnected.i plugged it back in and the lights came on. NOW, the lights wont turn off even with all doors closed and the dimmer switch all the way in the off position. im even more confused now than i was when i started
teenwolf1393 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
highriskpb_nick
2003 WJ 

my "information center" is not in working condition (the screen is out) could something have triggered it that way?

i tried all the doors open and checked the door jam buttons and none are frozen shut or closed. or anything like that.

edit: the dimmer switch could be all the way up all the doors open and no dome lights at all
when i unlock the jeep no lights either
Unread 01-08-2009, 01:40 AM   #9
wpollitt
1998 ZJ 

same thing in my 98. had it diagnosed as a bad brain box
was reading in some other forum posts (not sure where maybe in the xj section) about taking it apart and resoldering the broken solder joints... havent tried this yet as my soldering skills are right up there with my willingness to drive anything but my jeep!
wpollitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.