Interior lighting questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Interior lighting questions

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 04-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
flea620

Interior lighting questions

I posted this else where, but was told to this would be the place to post.

I'm looking to put blue interior lights in my grand cherokee.

I am getting extra lights for under the seats, but can I get light bulbs that go into where all the existing interior lights are? Where can I get them that's not super expensive?

What are the best lights to get?

Also, do you guys have any good "how to" websites that I could refer to while doing this? I understand basic circuitry, but I just want to do this the right way.

Thanks in advance!

flea620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
volvite
1999 WJ 

If I remember right, the interior light bulbs are 194, and I've seen them at Auto Zone in either red, or blue.
volvite is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2009, 05:58 AM   #3
melloyello
1995 ZJ 

Get ya some of these while you are at it.
http://www.dualav.com/mobileaudio/ts.php
melloyello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2009, 05:27 AM   #4
flea620

thanks guys!
flea620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 05:32 AM   #5
PWB1956

As your profile lists you as a 2000 model GC, the leds you need should be the same as my 99 WJ Limited.

The map lights and door lights are 194/501 wedge bulbs
The courtesy/cargo area are 214-2 (use 44mm Festoon bulbs)
The puddle lights (under the dash in the footwell) are also 194/501 types but I suggest you go for more leds to get good light.
The mirror lights are 31mm festoon (the only place I found them was 1pc 31mm Vanity 3 SMD LED (Xenon White) Fuse Bulb on eBay (end time 20-Nov-09 07:04:35 GMT) on EBay - available in blue or white)

I also repalced the engine bay light (standard on 99 model) with an LED from Autolumination - I bought the 3W version (it's the flat one with 3 LED's near the middle of the following page Festoon Dome Lights)

Hope that helps
PWB1956 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.