Interior Lighting Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Interior Lighting Problem

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 06-20-2006, 08:24 AM   #1
qdotcom

Interior Lighting Problem

When I open the doors of the vehicle NO lights come on in the inside. I tried manually turning on the lights with the swith on the dash but they still dont come on. I can turn the map lights on my push clicking it on though. The light in the rear does not come on automatically nor does it come on when I click push it in. I changed the bulbs just to see if that would work and it didn't. What could be the problem?

qdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
duscrapiron

it could be a fuse issue, check fuses 5 16 and all others after that
duscrapiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2006, 03:02 PM   #3
Tinkerer

I know this sounds a bit odd but when you find out what the problem is please post as I am trying to make mine do exactly that.

Not much help for you but you might solve my question by fixing this.

Thx
Tinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2006, 05:35 PM   #4
mailforjon
2005 WK 

you can disable all interior lights coming on when the doors are ajar by turning off the light in the rearmost portion of the truck (in the cargo area). i think its a convenience feature so that if you have the tailgate open for extended periods of time you can turn out all interior lights.

maybe yours got pushed to the off position somehow.

-2005 WK 5.7 Limited [DD]
-1999 WJ 4.7 Limited [SOLD]
-1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited [SOLD]
-1996 ZJ 5.2 Laredo [SOLD]
-1994 ZJ 4.0 Laredo [SOLD]
-1993 XJ 2.5 [SOLD]
mailforjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 09:35 PM   #5
rlj

I have the same problem so I went out and checked my cargo light and the problem still exist, fuses are fine too. Any other ideas?
rlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2006, 01:51 PM   #6
qdotcom

Checked the cargo light and my fuses...Still lights are not working...Any other ideas?
qdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.