JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   Interior Lighting Help! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/interior-lighting-help-1247163/)

dmill33ZJ 08-01-2011 05:55 AM

Interior Lighting Help!
 
hey guys,
So, yesterday i decided to fix my sagging headliner that gravity ruined. Went to Jo-ann fabrics, felt so odd to go in there, but got a some nice felt and heavy duty loctite adhesive. Started working on pulling the old headliner out, worked from rear to front to unbolt and pop things off. Once i got to my driver side visor i found a wiring harness that i COULD NOT disconnect. I figured i dont care for the lights to the mirror anyways and took the lazy way out and just cut the wires with cable cutters. and BOOM all my interior looks went out. i figured once im done and reconnect the wires the problem would be fixed but NO i was wrong.

So, my question is:
Is there any way i could fix this problem???

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!

kahjeep 08-01-2011 06:12 AM

Yikes, that sucks. Goodluck to you. I am of no help.

TewSmooth18 08-01-2011 06:14 AM

positive you re wired it correctly? check all your fuses

MeanGreenZJ 08-01-2011 06:54 AM

Let me get this right. You felt Jo-ann and pulled your headliner then you couldn't disconnect your wire so you cut it? If that was me, I would of blown a fuse. So you might want to check that.

dmill33ZJ 08-01-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanGreenZJ (Post 11948950)
Let me get this right. You felt Jo-ann and pulled your headliner then you couldn't disconnect your wire so you cut it? If that was me, I would of blown a fuse. So you might want to check that.

haha i guess i should have read over that, sorry

Ill check the fuses, but does anyone know where the interior lighting fuse is in a 96?, thanks

MeanGreenZJ 08-01-2011 02:18 PM

red 10amp fuse in the passenger kick panel position 16.


Quote:

Originally Posted by dmill33ZJ (Post 11948954)
haha i guess i should have read over that, sorry

Ill check the fuses, but does anyone know where the interior lighting fuse is in a 96?, thanks


dmill33ZJ 08-01-2011 11:43 PM

I got it working, everything is good now

Thanks Guys, much help!!!

kahjeep 08-02-2011 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmill33ZJ
I got it working, everything is good now

Thanks Guys, much help!!!

What was it?

dmill33ZJ 08-03-2011 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahjeep (Post 11954537)
What was it?

The fuse

I guess thats what happens when i high school student gets lazy :D


The time now is 06:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.