Interior Lighting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Interior Lighting

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-02-2005, 07:09 PM   #1
cutnaction

Interior Lighting

Hello fellas. First all I wanted to introduce myself...I am from North Carolina and bought my first Jeep today! Previously I owned a Firebird, but needed extra room and have always loved the 99+ Grand Cherokees. I finally ran into extra money and was able to purchase one. I bought a 99 Grand Cherokee Limited V8 4x4 and so far im loving it. It is my first day with it and im trying to get all the bugs out of it now. I have a few questions..

1) I noticed tonight when I went to close my sunroof, when I opened my doors no lights came on. It made it very hard to see where to put the key in the ignition among other things. What could be wrong that the lights do not come on when I open the doors?

2) This may be a stupid question, but what exactly is the red flashing light that is in the front of my dash? I didnt notice it until my mom asked what it was.

Thanks for the help and I look forward to reading up.

cutnaction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2005, 07:19 PM   #2
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

1.) Go to the back where the lift gate is press the light back there (it's a toggle type light) my guess is it's off.

2.) Red flashing light is for the security alarm, it will flash if you lock the doors with the remote.

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #3
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Oh and visit www.wjjeeps.com, it's like the web bible for 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokees. A ton of valuable information

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch

Unread 05-02-2005, 07:33 PM   #4
cutnaction

I am already liking this place. I have been a part of many many forums through the years..some of which im still a part of and I highly respect forums like these who do not quickly jump to the "do a search" comment. I value members who actually give an answer. Thanks for those comments, im going to check it out tommorow to see if thats what it is.

I am trying to think of other questions as I know I had a ton earlier today, but Im not thinking clearly tonight.

Oh how could i forget...after driving around today, whenever I turn a sharp left it sounds as if my tire is scrubbing against something, but it doesnt do it when I turn to the right. Im scared that it is something major..any ideas?

Again thanks guys and I look forward to additional comments.
Unread 05-02-2005, 08:12 PM   #5
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

What size tires do you have on there, my guess is some kind of rubbing issue?

It's really helpful if you make a signature block for yourself with your jeep and any modifications made to it, that way if you have any questions about things people can see what you have and give you a more accurate answer.

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP

Unread 05-02-2005, 08:23 PM   #6
cutnaction

I have the stock tires im guessing. 235/65/16 maybe? I know they are 16's but unsure of the other numbers at the moment.

Yea I will make a signature block just havent had much time yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.