JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   Interior Lighting (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/interior-lighting-158707/)

cutnaction 05-02-2005 07:09 PM

Interior Lighting

Hello fellas. First all I wanted to introduce myself...I am from North Carolina and bought my first Jeep today! Previously I owned a Firebird, but needed extra room and have always loved the 99+ Grand Cherokees. I finally ran into extra money and was able to purchase one. I bought a 99 Grand Cherokee Limited V8 4x4 and so far im loving it. It is my first day with it and im trying to get all the bugs out of it now. I have a few questions..

1) I noticed tonight when I went to close my sunroof, when I opened my doors no lights came on. It made it very hard to see where to put the key in the ignition among other things. What could be wrong that the lights do not come on when I open the doors?

2) This may be a stupid question, but what exactly is the red flashing light that is in the front of my dash? I didnt notice it until my mom asked what it was.

Thanks for the help and I look forward to reading up.

10achik 05-02-2005 07:19 PM

1.) Go to the back where the lift gate is press the light back there (it's a toggle type light) my guess is it's off.

2.) Red flashing light is for the security alarm, it will flash if you lock the doors with the remote.

10achik 05-02-2005 07:28 PM

Oh and visit www.wjjeeps.com, it's like the web bible for 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokees. A ton of valuable information :thumbsup:

cutnaction 05-02-2005 07:33 PM

I am already liking this place. I have been a part of many many forums through the years..some of which im still a part of and I highly respect forums like these who do not quickly jump to the "do a search" comment. I value members who actually give an answer. Thanks for those comments, im going to check it out tommorow to see if thats what it is.

I am trying to think of other questions as I know I had a ton earlier today, but Im not thinking clearly tonight.

Oh how could i forget...after driving around today, whenever I turn a sharp left it sounds as if my tire is scrubbing against something, but it doesnt do it when I turn to the right. Im scared that it is something major..any ideas?

Again thanks guys and I look forward to additional comments.

10achik 05-02-2005 08:12 PM

What size tires do you have on there, my guess is some kind of rubbing issue?

It's really helpful if you make a signature block for yourself with your jeep and any modifications made to it, that way if you have any questions about things people can see what you have and give you a more accurate answer.

cutnaction 05-02-2005 08:23 PM

I have the stock tires im guessing. 235/65/16 maybe? I know they are 16's but unsure of the other numbers at the moment.

Yea I will make a signature block just havent had much time yet.

The time now is 01:16 AM.