Intake manifold swap. 97 to 99. Missing something? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Intake manifold swap. 97 to 99. Missing something?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
ROFLwaffles
1998 ZJ 

How much are they to buy usually? Because I would feel more comfortable doing the swap with brand new ones, instead of risking pulling bad ones from a junk engine. Probably get more life out of them too.....

I tried looking on EBAY, and most posts were confusing. For $25 bucks, I couldn't tell if the sale was for 1, or a bulk try of 70. lol.

Sorry if this question seems odd, but consider this: 6 months ago, I didn't know a damn thing about cars, engines, drivetrains, ANYTHING. I started working on my Jeep, and found out I LOVED it. So this is ALL brand new territory for me.

ROFLwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #17
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

If you look at the last couple of pages on the thread Zander has linked in his sig, you'll find someone who recently bought 6 reman'd '703 injectors on eBay for about $80 IIRC.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #18
ROFLwaffles
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
If you look at the last couple of pages on the thread Zander has linked in his sig, you'll find someone who recently bought 6 reman'd '703 injectors on eBay for about $80 IIRC.
OK, thanks for that. I guess it WAS for 1 ONLY. lol Looks like I found a set of 6.
ROFLwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #19
OverlandZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronButler View Post
The hardest thing for me was fitting the vacuum lines in the right place, and I did have to lengthen the air temp sensor cables.

Thought it best to revive this thread than start a new one..

I'm in the middle of this job now, and thought I had it all figured till I realized that intake sensor wont clear the MAP sensor where I was going to install it.

Search brings me here and your mention of extending the wiring to move sensor fwd of the TB as shown in the quoted pic.

My question: Must I use matching gauge wire to extend?

I have some a touch larger (diameter) but don't know if that would affect the info being picked up by the ECU. Not much of an electrical guy..
OverlandZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.