Installed Grease Fittings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Installed Grease Fittings

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
pigoo
1999 WJ 

Installed Grease Fittings

Not sure how many other folks have done this, but I just finished installing grease fittings in my 99 WJ.

Did both joints on the drag link, and both tie rod ends on the tie rod.

The only joints on the my Jeeps front end that now don't have grease fittings, are the lower ball joints on the steering knuckles. Will give these a try next time I have the axle assemblies out.

Anybody install grease fitting in the lower ball joints on the steering knuckles? Looks like clearance would be tight due to the proximity of the ABS speed ring, even using a 45 or 90 degree grease fitting.

- Nick

pigoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 09:29 AM   #2
LaCeS OuT
1994 ZJ 

On my ZJ the lower Moog ball joints came with 90* fittings.

Jeep Sold! 02/2009

Need AMSOIL? Click Here!
LaCeS OuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
pigoo
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCeS OuT View Post
On my ZJ the lower Moog ball joints came with 90* fittings.
Yeah I noticed that new parts from the local parts store (ball joints/tie rod ends) seem to come with grease fittings. Unfortunately...the OEM stuff doesn't/didn't.

Does your ZJ have ABS. The clearance for the lower steering knuckle ball joint on a 99 WJ is very tight due to the ABS speed wheel....even for a 90 degree grease fitting.

- Nick
pigoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #4
LaCeS OuT
1994 ZJ 

Yes it has ABS

Jeep Sold! 02/2009

Need AMSOIL? Click Here!
LaCeS OuT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.