Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Inside venting problem

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Airborne Lee 
#1 ·
Hey everybody. I have a 04 Limited and for some reason whenever I have my heat coming out of my vents I can get hot air out of the two drivers side vents but only cold outside the two passenger one's. Anyone ever heard of anything like this? I appreciate the help.

#3 ·
Lowboy said:
Hey everybody. I have a 04 Limited and for some reason whenever I have my heat coming out of my vents I can get hot air out of the two drivers side vents but only cold outside the two passenger one's. Anyone ever heard of anything like this? I appreciate the help.
I was just getting ready to post this question!!!!!

My blue 01 just developed this problem this weekend! Exactly the same. hot and cold work on the driver side. The passenger side only gets cold no matter what settings. The air does change vents per the settings but the temp is not changing?????????? :confused:

What damper or internal door could this be???

#7 ·
I can't even bring myself to call the dealer. :brickwall

Error codes on the AZC diag:
52 door was not responding - Blend air door actuator drive circuit
56 door range travel was too large - Blend air door actuator drive circuit

Has anyone done a poll on how many WJ's have had this? This seems as though it should be a recall issue. :brickwall

It could have waited until i fixed my PS pump in my other WJ.

#8 ·
Great news! the blend door repair was quoted to me today by Jeep at $400.00 and 5 hours. Much less than the 700-1100 from previous threads.

I share this because maybe some of you out there with the same problem might want to investigate this now if the price of the work has fallen for some reason, (maybe guilt).

Maybe they felt guilty for the PS pump prices?

#9 ·
My 2003 jeep grand cherokee is in the shop right now for this exact problem. Dealer said the internal blending gate (plastic) inside the heating/cooling system under the dash broke and they have to replace the part, He said it seems to be happening
frequently to other customers so it is sort of common after about 100k miles. Unfortunately the fix costs about $700 parts and labor. Not good news

#11 ·
Airborne Lee said:
Great news! the blend door repair was quoted to me today by Jeep at $400.00 and 5 hours. Much less than the 700-1100 from previous threads.

$400+5 Labor hours at $60.00=$700.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.