Inner Door Panel Removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Inner Door Panel Removal

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-08-2003, 11:08 AM   #1
ddoffroad
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Inner Door Panel Removal

How do I remove the inner door panels to gain access to the speakers on a 1993 ZJ Laredo? I need to replace the speakers cause 2 are blown, 1 front, 1 rear. Thanks in advance!

Down & Dirty Offroad: http://ddoffroad.com/
My XJ site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2488225/
My Old XJ Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058746
ddoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2003, 06:16 PM   #2
Camster

idk but there was a post recently concerning it. just search for it.

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/davidpage/Camsjeep.html]My Jeep[/url]
Camster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2003, 10:09 AM   #3
automan25

The door panels actually can be removed quite easily. First off you need to remove all of the screws that hold the door panel on. I think there are about 4 or 5 of them. Two of them are kind of hidden, one in the black plastic area near the rearview mirror, and one behind a plastic plug just behind the door opening lever. Once you have all of the screws out use your fingers to slowly pry the door panel away from the metal door frame, beginning with the outside edge of the door. What you are doing here is trying to carefully remove the plastic connectors that hold the door panel in place. With some gentle force they should pop away from the frame. Work your way around the door panel along the rest of the outside edge, then the bottom edge, then the inside edge, and finally the top of the door. When you have all of the connectors free the only things holding the door panel to the door frame should be the wire connectors for the power window switch, and the courtesy lamp (you may or may not have these connectors in your jeep) Simply disconnect the wires and you're done. If you have manual windows you'll probably need a special tool to remove the window crank handle. At this point you should have easy access to the door speaker. You'll want to check all of those plastic connectors before you reinstall the door panel to see if any of them are broken. If some of them are broken, then pay a visit to a local body shop of see if they won't sell you some. Often they'll even give them to you in hopes of future business. Shucks auto supply doesn't have them, I know that for sure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.