Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Injector swap?

4K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  vegasZJ 
#1 ·
Which are the best injectors to swap for the factories on a 4.0 98 GC

#8 ·
I recently swapped the injectors in my 98 4 liter GC with the 703 injectors from the 96 Stratus. I have to say this was a cheap easy upgrade and the benefits I see so far are amazing. I had 3 leaky injectors so i has starting issues. The truck sounds like a totally different vehicle, its idle is amazing and the throttle response is also much better. I'm doing a test on the fuel economy difference now and will post the difference when my tank gets to empty. I heard I should see a 20 mile increase per tank so here's hoping. It has to be better since the gas is now being atomized so much better with the 4 hole injectors over the 1 hole ones the truck came with.

Allan

#13 ·
I believe you can get them from the 4.6 crown vics and mustangs as well. People choose this route because then you're able to get them all off of one car. If you go the Dodge Neon route, you have to use them from 2 separate cars since they are 4 cylinders. I haven't done it yet, but its on my list of soon-to-come mods.

Here is the part number to 1 of the bosch injectors. I think its the Dodge Neon one - 0280155703

Check out this comparison video:

#24 ·
I honestly have no idea what the 703's are factory rated at, I just know that my flow test numbers (237.8cc/min @3Bar) were almost identical to Witchhunters' test numbers (238cc/min@3Bar). I haven't done any testing for the Ford units, but if you know their part numbers you could check if Witchhunter has already tested them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.