information display - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > information display

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-19-2003, 03:11 AM   #1
PaulV

information display

I have a 1996 Grand Cherokee. The information display in the center console is displaying 2 errors. One error is for the rear brake lights. I have checked, and both are working, along with the turn signals and running lights. What should I look for?
Also, the display is saying the coolant sensor is bad. I am not having any overheating.
Where is the coolant sensor located? And how do I check it to see if it is bad?
Anything else I should look for?

Thanks,
Paul

PaulV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2003, 06:07 AM   #2
ALS59LTD
2003 TJ Wrangler 

When I first got my jeep it said there was a problem with the brake lights, yet they all worked. I just replaced them all (backup, turn, brake, and highmount brake) and that solved the problem. I think as the bulbs get older the resistence changes, which is how it senses an out light. not sure about that coolant sensor....
Unread 06-19-2003, 06:12 AM   #3
jeepme79
1998 ZJ 

Check the brake lights at the top of the window. I had the same problem when I bought mine.
89 XJ, stock
79 CJ7 - Options included ripped soft top, leaky 4.2L (5qts/week), ripped seats, 33" tires, bondo & gray primer
jeepme79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2003, 09:28 AM   #4
anthonyh75

I think the coolant sensor is in your overflow resivoir. It will only tell you if your coolant is low not the condition of it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.