Infinity Gold / Orvis Sound System - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Infinity Gold / Orvis Sound System

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 05-06-2009, 09:18 AM   #16
spife7980
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-off70 View Post
what kind of brands can u replace the infinity system with?the guy at car toys said that you can only replace the infinity speakers with infinity speakers because of an ohm difference? can anyone help me on this?
thats not true. you can put a 4 ohms speaker in there (which the vast majority of speakers are) but it will only get 1/2 the power

10 watts at 4 ohms = 20 watts at 2 ohms

will work just fine but keep the RMS rating under say 40 watts RMS at 4 ohms with the stock amp

(not that you will ever see it in speakers but subs ocasionally it is bad to go beneath 2 ohms to say one ohm unless the amp is stable at those resistances but higher is fine)

JCR Stage 2 Sliders, IRO Trans Skid, Carolina Drive shaft, IRO exhaust
spife7980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #17
j.love
1994 ZJ 

total of 4 speakers in the sound bar.

Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #18
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

All the door speakers are 6.75". The rear door speakers are 2 ohm because they have the tweeter and woofer. The front door speakers are 4 ohm. The tweeters in the dash are 4 ohm. The dash tweeters are wired in parallel with the front door speakers giving 2 ohms. Just did my 95 Limited.

I guess they count the rear door speakers as 2 speakers per side, giving 8 total.
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #19
Tiggerrrrr
1995 ZJ 

Edit: too late

Looking for a REAR tow hook and bracket!
Tiggerrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #20
Zwildm30
1998 ZJ 

I just replaced all of my speakers with the infinity kappas. I even installed a infinity kappa one amp and 2 12" 124.7 infinity kappa subs. Built my boxes so they would fit on the sides of the trunk. Didnt want to loose all of my space.

http://www.proshooter.org/cgi/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi
Zwildm30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #21
Some_Anchovies
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.nein View Post
All the door speakers are 6.75". The rear door speakers are 2 ohm because they have the tweeter and woofer. The front door speakers are 4 ohm. The tweeters in the dash are 4 ohm. The dash tweeters are wired in parallel with the front door speakers giving 2 ohms. Just did my 95 Limited.

I guess they count the rear door speakers as 2 speakers per side, giving 8 total.
Whew! glad someone knew.

Yea, All Grands at this time used over-sized, 6 3/4 in. speakers. 6 1/2 inch speakers can be dropped in if you use a bracket or if the speakers are designed to fit in oversized speaker holes.

If you ever need to find out what speakers will fit and work in your vehicles, what you'll need to install them and how to install them etc. CRUTCHFIELD has the best database to my knowledge about car audio and components. They test fit everything to make sure your install will go as planned.

plus they have steals on audio components. free shipping on ANY orders over $129. You can get 2 12" $99 Kenwood subs at a price slash for 129.99 and get free shipping, and 2 Alpine Type E's are $150. Any Head Unit you buy comes with a free wiring harness specifically for your car. Go there every time I make purchase over $129.

And you get free, lifetime customer service on anything you buy from there.
Some_Anchovies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #22
g-off70
2000 WJ 

so i can put 4ohm tweeters in there too?
g-off70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #23
Some_Anchovies
1995 ZJ 

I don't think any tweeters fit the original dash mounts for the tweeters, but you can always make a mount so they do fit.

Usually people buy 2 or 3-way speakers, which have a tweeter and woofer (2 way) or a tweeter, midrange, and woofer (3 way). 4 or even 5-way speakers are out there, but that's generally unneeded and less common. Check CRUTCHFIELD for specs.
Some_Anchovies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #24
jeepguy98
1997 ZJ 

The only thing about crutchfield is when you search the 5.9 it doesnt show that it has the soundbar. i buy everything from there anyways.
jeepguy98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.