Infamous Air Stuck on Deforst - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Infamous Air Stuck on Deforst

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Jayt96ZJ
1996 ZJ 

Infamous Air Stuck on Deforst

1996 Jeep GCL (ZJ)

I know...I know...I've done a search and there are tons of threads on this topic, but after watching the vent/defrost door actuator/arm in action, I've found that my problem is a little different. This is my first post here...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway...the actuator arm above my gas pedal DOES move when I select air to go out vents...BUT it does not move enough to open the door. I can remove the actuator arm and open and close the door by hand, so I don't think the door's broken/stuck. I also have not found any vacuum leaks. Cruise control works fine.

Is the actuator/arm broken? I'm hoping that's the answer because a new actuator is only around $70 and with a little reaching it can be changed without removing the dash.

Any guesses?

Jayt96ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.