The Inexperienced, Cheap-o Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > The Inexperienced, Cheap-o Build Thread

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #16
massarosareloud
1996 ZJ 

New lower control arm bushings all the way around. Not too bad of a repair, except for the front bolt on the front driver side control arm, that was tough to get to working around the brake rotor. I just turned my wheel all the way to the right, and then used like 20 inches of wrench extensions and a long breaker bar and pipe, and it came off nicely.

Also put in a new steering damper, to replace the stock one, and it made the wheel a lot easier to turn. Baby steps.

And replaced my upstream oxygen sensor with an NTK. That sure was fun getting that b-word off... But it fixed my stalling out problem when I started my Jeep.

Up next is the viscous coupler! I'm excited for this one, and I'll take lots of pictures and maybe some video. We will see...

Unread 03-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #17
massarosareloud
1996 ZJ 

New fluid and gasket in the rear differential, and new speakers in the rear doors to fix those worn out, surround-less speakers that were there.

The gears look darn good in the rear differential, I was excited to see that.
Unread 04-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #18
massarosareloud
1996 ZJ 

Today was an amazing day, 80 degrees compared to the 30s we'd had over the past week.

So today was the installation of the rear door panels, which I removed when I replaced the speakers awhile back. I waited so long because I ruined most of the door panel snaps taking the door panel off, and I wanted to try to glue the vinyl armrest back on, mine was peeling unfortunately. So here are the pictures of the armrest which I think looks pretty good, but might not after a few days in the sun...:

Glued:

Weighed down:

Installed!:

I also disconnected the keypad that controls the memory seats and mirror, stupid function anyway, and now I can finally use my remote thingy. And something I've been keeping my eye on for awhile now, is the front track bar that I replaced. I replaced it with a Moog track bar and its got quite a bit of rust on it, which appears to have accumulated rather quickly. And by quickly I mean less than 2000 miles and 3 months. Take a look:

Granted I do live in the "salt belt" but the OEM track bar didn't have nearly this much rust on it, and it was installed for 16 years. I had better hopes for how the Moog would hold up.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.