Immobiliser settings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Immobiliser settings

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 05-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
Bowlhead
1998 ZJ 

Immobiliser settings

Hi,
I've had a really good look on the various forums but can't find anything on this (for a 98 Grand Cherokee Orvis):
My immobiliser works fine and I don't want to bypass/remove it. But I can't stand the fact that it automatically arms after only 60 seconds. Does this annoy anybody else?? I'm in and out the car a lot and just get annoyed by constantly disarming it. It's fine that it auto-arms but 5-10 minutes would be a nice option. Or even no auto-arm. Does anyone know if it's possible to tweak the settings? I gather it's a May & Scofield.
Thanks

Bowlhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

you may have someone from the UK with one come along in a little while. we really don't have that many members from there with much expertise on these systems. it's likely a dealer trip is in order to reprogram it. that's the case with most interior optional functions on the 96-98 models.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 03:54 AM   #3
shaban
1996 ZJ 

Most likely, a visit to a dealer. It annoys me a lot too. I could not disarm it by grounding the wire in the door though, for some reason.
shaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Grounding doesn't work with that alarm.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

May help.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/i...gc-ltd-815802/
Hopefully camaro is still around and can help you out.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.