i'm swapping a 5.2 to 5.9, anything else i should do while its taken apart? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > i'm swapping a 5.2 to 5.9, anything else i should do while its taken apart?

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
snotrod
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i'm swapping a 5.2 to 5.9, anything else i should do while its taken apart?

hey guys, i'm new to this forum, i tried searching but couldnt really find what i was looking for. i'm in the process of swapping a 5.9 into a 96 5.2, and i wanted to know if there was anything with these motors that usually dont get done that i should do while i have everything apart, anything at all that are buggers with these motors, anything that you can recommend. i dont really need help with the swap, i've done plenty before. just new to the chrysler/jeep motors and any quirks they might have.

thanks in advance!!
Stephan

snotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 01:51 AM   #2
JrMechanic
1993 ZJ 

Timing set, plenum gasket (upgrade to a Hughes or APS plate, or make your own), oil pump, and rod bearings if you're in the mood.
Unread 03-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

oil pump, water pump, plenum plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

You won't find an easier time to pull the heads on the new motor and inspect the bores and valves. Cost you a set of head gaskets and precious time.
HighLonesome is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.