Ignition Pulse Wiper Module Repair Project - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Ignition Pulse Wiper Module Repair Project

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #76
todras

Worked awesome! Thanks to whomever worked this out! Owe you. Took me about 10 min to do.

todras is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #77
WrinkledCheese

Funny story. I bought a Jeep with a non functioning wiper pulse board. After 30 seconds of Google searching, I found this thread. I popped the non-functioning board open and voila. Exact same trace in the exact same location was burned out.
WrinkledCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #78
drummerny

Many thanks to the original poster! Turned the wipers on a month ago with snow blocking them, and intermittents stopped working. Terrible as I am with solder, fixed it in about 20 minutes. One hint that worked welll for me: I used the tip of the iron to burn off the green coating on either side of the connection, revealing bright copper. Solder stuck like a champ, and even with me sliding it around to make the connection, it worked perfectly on install.
drummerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #79
240kat
1997 XJ Cherokee 

My delay function hasn't worked since purchase, and just this week the whole operation went out (front wipers/washer doesn't work at all). I figure that, because the washer AND the wipers don't work, it is most likely electrical. If the washer still sprayed water, I'd check out the wiper motor.

My question is: does the pulse module control all functions of the wipers or just the delay? I know that if it works on HI and LOW but not in between, it's most likely the module, but if it started that way and now doesn't work at all, could I just have two problems (the module and control switch).
240kat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windshield wiper

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.