Idler pulley goes and takes bracket with it - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Idler pulley goes and takes bracket with it

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-14-2013, 11:41 PM   #16
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Wow..I wish I would have seen this thread sooner. I could have run down to the local u-pull-it and gotten you a bracket since you are located pretty close to me right now...( while I'm in town) Any small easy part to pull that I can get to while wearing nice clothing and not have to crawl under the vehicle...I'll go pull. That bracket is one of them. Better yet, I can tell you where to get them in the Shreveport-Bossier City area. But if it's expensive....you're better off letting me get it since I've known the owner of the U-pull-it for many years and can get it cheaper in some cases.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #17
odysseus145
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfrog View Post
Wow..I wish I would have seen this thread sooner. I could have run down to the local u-pull-it and gotten you a bracket since you are located pretty close to me right now...( while I'm in town) Any small easy part to pull that I can get to while wearing nice clothing and not have to crawl under the vehicle...I'll go pull. That bracket is one of them. Better yet, I can tell you where to get them in the Shreveport-Bossier City area. But if it's expensive....you're better off letting me get it since I've known the owner of the U-pull-it for many years and can get it cheaper in some cases.
Thanks, I really appreciate that, but I've already ordered the part and it should be in today. Also I don't have any way to get out of town right now, since this is my only vehicle. As it is, I'm going to have to get a taxi to go pick up the part from the dealer.
odysseus145 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #18
moggie99
1996 ZJ 

I had a similar problem and fixed it by drilling (carefully) right through the bracket and putting a long bolt through to act as a spindle. I then secured the pulley with a nut and washer. It worked nicely and was a lot cheaper than buying a new bracket.
moggie99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.