Idle Speed adjustment On 4.0L - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Idle Speed adjustment On 4.0L

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-12-2003, 10:25 PM   #1
tonkyman

Idle Speed adjustment On 4.0L

For some of you old hands this may be a really dumb question, but I need to know how to adjust the idle on a '93 Grand with a 4.0L engine. I have looked through the Haynes manual (pure crap!!!) and they don't even mention the word idle at all. If you move the adjustment below the throttle arm on the side of the throttle body would you also have to adjust the throttle position sensor (or is it even adjustable??)? I know that on my Volvo jetronic system you do. This engine is idling about 200 rpms low so it's really rough and wants to die when you shift from reverse to drive.

Thanks for your help.

*** If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will. (Abraham Lincoln)
tonkyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.