Idle problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Idle problem

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while suppliePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 12-29-2008, 11:25 PM   #1
footinmouth47
1998 ZJ 

Idle problem

Well after my woman folk dropped me off at the airport the jeep died on her. she coasted into a gas station and her dad came down and decided to check the bat. and alt. I guess bout were bad so he replaced them. Now for some reason its idleing under 500 rps which I think is a little low. Can anyone help me.
Thanks
Greg

Built not Bought member #247

SOLD:( new DD- 04 polaris sportsman
footinmouth47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
IMin4Low
1998 ZJ 

This has been covered a lot, so there are tons of threads. Check your air idle control. It's located at the back of your intake. Had been having the same trouble for a couple of years, then all the sudden it wouldn't run at all. I replaced the IAC & works perfect now.
IMin4Low is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
footinmouth47
1998 ZJ 

thanks Ill do a search for that.
Greg

Unread 12-30-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

Note my response in this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/hit-gas-jeep-wont-start-why-660860/
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2008, 12:38 AM   #5
footinmouth47
1998 ZJ 

Thanks. Sounds like I should just take off the hole TB and clean it. Plus I think cleaning things in 10 degree weather is best done inside.

Unread 01-12-2009, 06:18 AM   #6
footinmouth47
1998 ZJ 

well I cleaned the TB yesterday I was woundering if this is a normal amount of crap to come off? Also the carbon is down in the intake manifold what can i do about that? I dont want to knock anything down in there.
this is post cleaning

and the manifold

Unread 01-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
footinmouth47
1998 ZJ 

Once again I am amazed that no one found time to reply to my honest tech question, but some how there are 40 responses to "should i tint my tail lights?" I am, to say the least, disappointed. Due to the lack of response, I just put the throttle body back on with a new gasket and it seems to be running very well, with the exception of a ticking sound from the passenger side. I am not sure if it was there before the operation and it isnt loud so I am not too concerned. Just wondering if this is normal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.