I6 OME lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > I6 OME lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 05-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #1
hcors
1998 ZJ 

I6 OME lift

hi!
what lift did you net with OME springs, or OME HD springs (hub to fender)?
front - ome 934
rear - OME 943

and what is your setup(heavy bumpers, winch, roof basket, etc?)?

does anyone runs OME 939 spring in front?

as i have read it is about 20'' front and rear. so if i ad 1 inch spacer it is 21", but how much does it setle when loaded?

my plan is built some ome lift for about 3 inch with some homemade spacers from poly.

i am running 98 I6 with 245/75/16 hankook dynapro - and 18" hub fender.

hcors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcors View Post
hi!
what lift did you net with OME springs, or OME HD springs (hub to fender)?
front - ome 934
rear - OME 943

and what is your setup(heavy bumpers, winch, roof basket, etc?)?

does anyone runs OME 939 spring in front?

as i have read it is about 20'' front and rear. so if i ad 1 inch spacer it is 21", but how much does it setle when loaded?

my plan is built some ome lift for about 3 inch with some homemade spacers from poly.

i am running 98 I6 with 245/75/16 hankook dynapro - and 18" hub fender.
I wouldn't do homemade spacers. OME shocks would work at 3" but would be top end and wouldn't work well for flex offroad. If you want 3" get a 3.5" lift kit and go from there. You can piece one together if you want, all you need is springs, front and rear track bars are highly suggested, front and rear sway bar links.

Don't due the 3" fat bob's 3" BB kit.
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
BoostinChick
1998 ZJ 

New or used OME? If you are going to spend that kind of money, and want a 3" lift look into IRO's lift kit. Talk to Kolak either way, he is a vendor for both. OME HD's kit with new springs should net you ~2.5" of lift.
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

with an I6 and no roof rack or bumpers or other heavy additions, I netted 2.5 in front and 2.0 rear with the OME HDs.
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
hcors
1998 ZJ 

thanks!

it's 1 inch spacer. + 943/934 springs. this is what i want. and these springs are easy for me to get.
hcors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ome hd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.