Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

I will never!!!

3K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  94ZJLaredo 
#1 ·
I will never talk crap about Jeeps ever again. I took my grand cherokee acroos the haulapai mountains today it took 5 hours to do 35 miles i was in 4 low the whole time.
Now i have 198,000 miles on this 5.2 liter motor and uniroyal all terrains. what was supposed to be a easy trip turned in to a nightmare. I was terrified on some of the inclines we were on the rain had screwed the road up so bad that i didnt think we would make it out. there was 200 to 300 foot dropoff on one side and 150 foot rock wall on the other and no way to turn around. So in stock form and high miles this little suv took a beating then took us home at 75 down the freeway. Thank you jeep for bringing us home
:cheers2:

#10 ·
:aban:

:justkidding:

#4 ·
HAHA don't worry about your jeep i got 245,000 miles on my 5.2L zj and drove from san diego ca, all the way to canada. We drove for a winter trip and had no choice in bringing the beast. The winter storm of december had been dumping 45 inches of snow in one week while we drove through utah, wyoming, montana. It was an amazing trip and thank goodness the beast got us through the blizzards and winter storms, and back again. Gotta love a jeep

#5 ·
My cherokee does amazing except when my hitch gets me hung up. I of course have mud terrains. There are guys over on NAXJA that are wheeling theirs hard with 200-300k miles on them. I have seen a stock ZJ outflex an XJ on 33's and 7 inches of lift. those are amazing vehicles except for that tranny. The 5.2 is almost as bulletproof as the 4.0

#7 ·
Oh didn't realize there was a different one. My AW4 is Bombproof. I wish they would have put that in the ZJ after 93

#8 ·
I will never talk crap about Jeeps ever again. I took my grand cherokee acroos the haulapai mountains today it took 5 hours to do 35 miles i was in 4 low the whole time.
Now i have 198,000 miles on this 5.2 liter motor and uniroyal all terrains. what was supposed to be a easy trip turned in to a nightmare. I was terrified on some of the inclines we were on the rain had screwed the road up so bad that i didnt think we would make it out. there was 200 to 300 foot dropoff on one side and 150 foot rock wall on the other and no way to turn around. So in stock form and high miles this little suv took a beating then took us home at 75 down the freeway. Thank you jeep for bringing us home
:cheers2:
Its not an suv its a jeep. :D

#11 ·
Pics or ban.

Hunter

#13 ·
They are a great Jeep, no matter how little respect they get. Glad to hear you found out a fraction of it's capability...now build it up and try something harder :2thumbsup:

#14 ·
hmmm. I would never imagine a jeep owner talking bad about them anyway....we all know they empty our pockets...yet they fill our hearts...I say great pay off. Glad you had a safe trip and some fun.

#22 ·
you probably see them most often because there are more of them

#21 ·
I love my jeep, i once went to look at a 5.9 dakota and on the way there the gas gauge started to flash on and off, as i approached the dealership to look at this truck, took it as a sign and drove on by, hasn't done it since, i still think of it as a sign , and i am glad i drove on by and didn't trade in the jeep for that truck... and she has 395,000kms and still running strong! "BUILT JEEP TUFF!!!!!!

#25 ·
I took my friend around on some rock trail by here and he was amazed at how smoothe the ride was and how easily the Jeep made it....he is really starting to like jeeps now and not his jimmy. 1 down...rest of the world to go...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

#30 ·
i've owned both S10 blazer, ford explorer eddiebauer and jeep cherokee. the blazer had 127k, it wasent very good in the winter, granted the 4.3 vortec had plunty of power and able to chirp the tires in 2nd and 3rd being an automatic but the 4wd was button and worked well but wasent good for snow or mud. the explorer was also 4wd, not as powerful but was comphertable with ride but very top heavy. both explorer and blazer were flexed and had roughly the same result. when it came to the jeep my thought was another suv. well i must say this is like no other suv. flex result, well it went over the ramps, the suspension flexes out great, the 4wd is awsone in all conditions, the 4.0 provides enough torque that i could be willing to hook onto both blazer and explorer with confidence of winning. Jeeps are very popular not just by howmany are on the road but by reliability and handeling on and offroad. THERES ONLY ONE {OllllO}

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.