I need pitman shaft main bearing - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > I need pitman shaft main bearing

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #46
nickhay13
1998 ZJ 

Awesome, I'm glad it's the correct bearing.

Unread 01-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #47
OverlandZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhay13 View Post
Awesome, I'm glad it's the correct bearing.
So am i. Thanks so much for finding these and pointing us in the right direction!
OverlandZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #48
coralman
new wrangler prototype

1998 ZJ 

Yep mine came in too,has the lip. Smokey, did you ever come up with a thrust bearing number kind sir?

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #49
Smokey1r
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
Yep mine came in too,has the lip. Smokey, did you ever come up with a thrust bearing number kind sir?
Not yet, work for me has been crazy busy and long hours but if i can get about a half hour ill have the rest of the steering gear apart enough to get the bearing out. The steering gear is at the same place as the work im doing...... think it would be convenient and simple, nooooo! lol but ill get to it real soon even if i have to do it at 1 in the morning!.
Smokey1r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #50
coralman
new wrangler prototype

1998 ZJ 

Thanks !

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
Unread 02-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #51
Smokey1r
1997 ZJ 

I had a little time to tear down the steering gear enough to pull the thrust bearing out. As you can see there's not much to reference other then the exact dimensions of which i didn't have the time to break out the micrometer there at work, so i will do that tomorrow i hope.

As you can see in this closeup the only marking on the thrust bearing is a solitary "T".

The other side of the bearing has nothing.

The thrust plates have nothing on them either, here's one side.

And the other...

There's no marking either on the ID or OD of the needle bearing encasement or the thrust plates.
Wish this could of been more help but yet again the Saginaw steering gear continues to be a source of some oh so exciting parts research.
Smokey1r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #52
coralman
new wrangler prototype

1998 ZJ 

Well shoot. I was transferring all my links to disc and had completely forgot about these guys. Don't know if it would pan out but here's the link anyways.
http://www.prosteering.com/ld_gear_parts.htm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.