I need new tires and can't decide what to do. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > I need new tires and can't decide what to do.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
95gc
1995 ZJ 

I need new tires and can't decide what to do.

Currently I have 3.5" lift and 31" tires. I really need to replace them. My goal was to go to 5.5" lift and 35" tires with fender trimming.

Will the 35s fit with the current lift (for street use only till it warms up outside), or should I just settle for 33s? I looked through the "What Will My ZJ Look Like With xx" Tires On x.x" Lift?" thread and didn't see someone trying this option.

I don't have a garage and can't add the spacers and trim the fenders till the weather (Ohio) warms up a bit.

95gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

Not sure but I don't think the 35's will fit especially if you want to turn. It looks like even 33's on a 3.5" are a tight fit. Maybe get some decent used tires for now to get better tires than what you have now and save a few dollars until you can get the lift and then get the 35's?
MyKeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
95gc
1995 ZJ 

33s will fit with wheel spacer. I have the money, I just don't have the place to do the work because it is cold and wet outside.
95gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
T-nave
1998 ZJ 

I would stick with 33s. I have them on mine with the same amount of lift and it did take a little trimming but nothing to major. I'm guessing if you put 35s on it your going to be trimming ALOT.
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

don't forget you'll need to re gear both axles, for either 33s or 35s. (assuming you have yet to do that yet and have 3.73s currently)
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

It's going to take alot more than a taller lift to run 35s. If you're all in, the go for it and get them. Otherwise, stay with the lift you have and trim the crap out of it to run 33s if you must. 32s and 3.5" lift is extremely capable.

For 35"s, realistically you'll need long arms for starters so this means a whole new lift.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.