Some facts about cats
- they don't rob you of more than 1% power when functioning properly
- wheeling w/o them can result in teary eyes
- vehicle inspections can require all original equipment functional
- "According to Title II of the EPA Clean Air Act (Enacted Jan 1 1988) there are multiple regulations concerning the use or misuse of aftermarket catalytic converters, or the removal and/or modification of a stock catalytic converter. According to various parts of Section 203, all aftermarket catalytic converters must be EPA certified, and your car must have a gas conversion device of some manner. If not, both you and the installer are punishable of a Federal Offense by Section 205 (a). The operator's fine can be no more than $2,500 and the installation agency no more than $25,000."
- there is no excuse not to run a cat , they can be had for the price of a tire