I need a new Catalytic Converter. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > I need a new Catalytic Converter.

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Closed Thread
Unread 07-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #31
Kolak
Vendor

Yes it will work. I've asked you to PM me about this but you haven't. I have a great deal of experience with these exhausts and would be happy to assist. Happy to chat with you in detail about precisely which part you need and what's involved in the installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninesvnsicks View Post
So it looks like the Inlet is 2.5" and the outlet is 2.25" so a universal one wont work since it's 2.5 in/out direct fit on ebay is the same price as local so that's no help.

kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is online now   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #32
Ninesvnsicks
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
Yes it will work. I've asked you to PM me about this but you haven't. I have a great deal of experience with these exhausts and would be happy to assist. Happy to chat with you in detail about precisely which part you need and what's involved in the installation.
Oh ok i'll pm you now thanks.
Ninesvnsicks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:32 PM   #33
VolcomPunk
1996 ZJ 

I had a muffler shop weld on a new CC when they put on a new flowmaster muffler....love it...sounds great at idle...then again i also have dual exhaust on mine
Green Jeep #337
WakeUpNow
R.I.P. Ratmonkey...Your now wheelin with the angels
VolcomPunk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2011, 06:29 AM   #34
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomPunk View Post
I had a muffler shop weld on a new CC when they put on a new flowmaster muffler....love it...sounds great at idle...then again i also have dual exhaust on mine
pics...................

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #35
ctak24
1996 ZJ 

I had issues with a Magnaflow converter #94036.
It kept throwing code P0420 which basically meant that the cat was not doing a proper job cleaning exhaust gas.
The O2 sensors were replaced with genuine Mopar ones and the entire exhaust was checked and had no leaks.

I was sick of erasing the code so I gave it another try and replaced the cat with a NAPA EXH 15820. Code went away

There are many people on this forum who run Magnaflow cats without any issuse. It did give my Jeep more of a rumble even with a stock muffler. I guess I just have a problematic Jeep...

PM Kolak for all your exhaust stuff.
ctak24 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #36
heepinforChrist
1996 XJ Cherokee 

dont think anyone else said it yet but if u do need a new cat look around your area for a scrap yard that takes used cats, you can get like 40-200 bucks a cat depending on manufacturer and condition, and its easy money if u gotta cut it out anyway, i scarped my 99xj cat and got 75 bucks then scrapped a jetta cat and got 150 if there is no one near yeou these guys u can deliver to gotta pay shipping though but in the end it might even out for u to make a couple buckshttp://www.888gotscrap.com/Location_Hours.html
heepinforChrist is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #37
shawn_in_pdx
1996 ZJ 

So.....WSAR10....just be clear...this is a replacement for my existing CC? I can cut my old one off...and install this in place of the old one??
shawn_in_pdx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #38
blackjack12982
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_in_pdx View Post
So.....WSAR10....just be clear...this is a replacement for my existing CC? I can cut my old one off...and install this in place of the old one??
You need to get under your ZJ and measure both the inlet and the outlet diameters. Take those numbers and find the cat on Magnaflow's website, match it up, and purchase it. Then cut yours out, and clamp yours in if you don't have it welded.

Or, just PM Nick and he'll get you the one you need.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f130/...ights-2342649/
blackjack12982 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #39
Ninesvnsicks
1997 ZJ 

It's about not polluting the air with smog lol.
Unread 07-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #40
FlamingRain
1996 ZJ 

Holy crap, I don't think I've ever seen this amount of deleted posts in a thread ever.

1996 Grand Cherokee Limited (ZJ) / 5.2L 318 V8 / Quadra-Trac
FlamingRain is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #41
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingRain View Post
Holy crap, I don't think I've ever seen this amount of deleted posts in a thread ever.
hehe. stick around, you'll see whole pages of deleted posts.
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #42
blackjack12982
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
hehe. stick around, you'll see whole pages of deleted posts.
This is really nothing!!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f130/...ights-2342649/
blackjack12982 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #43
Midnightluckey
1995 ZJ 

Right? Zjs are bad enough for the environment, the least you could do is keep a cat on it.
95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #44
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Some facts about cats
- they don't rob you of more than 1% power when functioning properly
- wheeling w/o them can result in teary eyes
- vehicle inspections can require all original equipment functional
- "According to Title II of the EPA Clean Air Act (Enacted Jan 1 1988) there are multiple regulations concerning the use or misuse of aftermarket catalytic converters, or the removal and/or modification of a stock catalytic converter. According to various parts of Section 203, all aftermarket catalytic converters must be EPA certified, and your car must have a gas conversion device of some manner. If not, both you and the installer are punishable of a Federal Offense by Section 205 (a). The operator's fine can be no more than $2,500 and the installation agency no more than $25,000."
- there is no excuse not to run a cat , they can be had for the price of a tire
newfieZJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #45
Ninesvnsicks
1997 ZJ 

I still need to get a new one going to give Kolak a call tomorrow.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.