I might be starting a GC build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > I might be starting a GC build

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-16-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I might be starting a GC build

My friends mom has a Jeep GC limited 5.2L with 230000 miles. They got the car for free when his grandpa passed away, and his mom just got a new car. So she was taking the GC to the junkyard to hopefully get a few hundred dollars out of it, but my friend talked his mom into letting him have it to take trucknight (it's an event that goes on every friday night during the summer with mud pits, rock wall, and a trail course). So he is letting me and a few of my other friends help him with it. The only thing is we are looking to spend as little money as possible on it. so are plans as of the moment are to 1. take the doors off 2. add a third seat and seat belts 3. remove muffler 4. paint a confederate flag on the roof 5. trim fenders to fit bigger tires.

Want I would like to know is, how much fender can be trimmed to get more clearance with out compromising the strength of the unibody, and is there any other really cheap mods that we can do, preferably under $200

RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #2
Jones
Consider the following...

The front you can just take the fender off all together unless you want to keep the look. Then trim as much as you want. For the rear, cut just below the door. However I have seen one person cut above the door, I'll see if I can find that one.
Unread 02-16-2009, 12:29 AM   #3
zippome
2000 WJ 

Bb?

4" Zone Offroad Kit, 16x7 Cragar Soft 8's, 265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns, Rock-It Sliders, Rancho SS, Yakima Load Warrior, Flowmaster Super 40, Reverse Lights, 2 Lights Up Front, Custom 6 Switch Plate, Cobra 76 XTR CB with PA, Lightbar, Custom Hitch Tire Carrier, Fleabay Warm Air Intake
zippome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2009, 12:46 AM   #4
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippome View Post
Bb?

we considered that, at least just for the front since daystar kits are like $40, either that or getting a better kit on ebay or craigslist. Same with tires, last summer we lucked out on a set of 36" TSLs for $100 to put on this beast

The location won't be the same as that picture, but I think it's going to be a similar concept. I wasn't planning on getting another truck, but since it's free, I figured I didn't mind spending a few dollars to run it till it dies, and even better since it's a Jeep.
Unread 02-16-2009, 03:35 AM   #5
Jones
Consider the following...

What size tires are you planning to run on it? Don't go to big or that d30 and d35 (if it's a pre 96) will snap like a twig.
Unread 02-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ZJones- View Post
What size tires are you planning to run on it? Don't go to big or that d30 and d35 (if it's a pre 96) will snap like a twig.
depending on what we can fit probably no bigger than 33's, and I think it is a 93, but I'm not sure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.