I have a slight odor problem - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > I have a slight odor problem

8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for JeepsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 07-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #31
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

you can also try buying a couple of boxes of baking soda and dumping them on the carpet then leave it there for a few days to absorb the odor.

Afterwards just vacume it up .

phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #32
Photog2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Odoban only covers the smell for a short time. You have to use it regularly in order to keep the smell at bay.

This is the best over the counter product I have found for cat piss. When you own a wrangler, have no garage, and your kids have cats you have to learn to get rid of it.
http://www.shop.com/Zep_Inc_Zep_Inc_...?sourceid=1414

Did I say I hate cats, and the only good cat is a dead cat?
Photog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #33
sebian
1995 ZJ 

About a year ago I had a cat that became incontinent after a vet visit. The only thing that I found to remove the odor from my carpet and couch was Nature's Miracle. It seems that it is alcohol based, with some other stuff to break down the enzymes in the cat urine.

List of parts not replaced yet:
sebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #34
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Nice hot sunny day today left the windows all the way up last night. Went to check the jeep and bam smells like cat pee again but the smell goes away as fresh air comes in bummer.
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #35
papitt
1995 ZJ 

.. OH your a big Boy Live with it.
Now Here what I did years ago .. I bought a Dodge truck it only had about 15K mile on it But it was the Bosses tr. at a modern Dairy .. So all this Tr had done was cruise around inside this Dairy .. It was Full of Cow ****. This is the 1st one I put the Water sprinkler under for about a week to wash the bottom side. I pulled the Dash off & BLEW it out got all the Dust out .. I traded seats with the wrecking Yard to get me a clean seat.
.... Now I guess I'm down to where you are with the cat pee. Several times I put a box of Baking Soda all over the floor boards .. I kept in fresh air fresheners. But when I opened the door that 1st time It always had that nasty smell for just a few minutes.
... So I got some really stout smelling cleanser . Placed it in a pie plate then I put a big room dehumidifier inside the truck .. Placed the truck facing into the Texas sun . Let the humidifier run all week end .
.. That seemed to do it.
papitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #36
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Yea ill get over it. Adventually me and a friend are gonna buy a parts jeep ill just clean the donar jeep carpets then and swap them over.
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #37
JS97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Find a place that carries this stuff.
It's the only thing that works on cat urine,,

http://shop.halopets.com/Grooming-Su...-Formula-16-oz
JS97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #38
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

So in the process of swapping the limited stuff into my jeep I discovered the real source of the cat pee smell it was my cloth seats this whole time lol now im sitting on some nice leather ones from a 93.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.