I have a slight odor problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > I have a slight odor problem

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 07-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

I have a slight odor problem

Silly me I left my windows open overnight like i have done many nights in the past however this time a cat decided it wanted to jump in and pee inside. I have already steam cleaned the entire interior of my jeep and still every now and then ill get a whiff, I have already threw out my front floor mats and narrowed it to the passenger side hump but what can i use? I'm going to re steam clean the passenger side tomorrow first and hope for the best.

Unread 07-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Lots of air freshener. Idk it may be permanent. Mine has a permanent odor that's a mix of; Jeep smells, burnt grasses, and muddy water/mildew. (from when it was sunk in a mud pit). The smells never really go away
You could try baking soda all over the places you think the cat peed, then maybe vacuum it up? I've heard baking soda neutralizes odor.
Unread 07-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

It's been years since I have had a pet but my old vet used Odoban at his clinic .

I asked him why it smelled so good there and that was his answer .

So I bought some and used it around the house years ago and it worked pretty darn good .

http://www.odoban.com/
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #4
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
try coffee grounds

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #5
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Ill check that out we have a home depot. Its not terribly bad anymore though just when I turn my head a certian way ill catch a whiff of it.
Unread 07-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #6
tinktinkTJ

2002 TJ Wrangler 

A bleach/ water mix in a spray bottle works wonders. I can't for the life of me remember the exact ratio I have used in the past. If you Google it I'm sure you can find a good ratio that won't ruin the carpet. Mice got into the interior of my old zj, sprayed it where the nest was, a little scrubbing and the smell was gone.
tinktinkTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 01:11 AM   #7
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

X, if you are talking to me, then maybe buy some and spray the headliner and carpet and see what you got in a day or so .

Did you see all the testimonials ?

It looks like a lot of people swear by it .

All I know is it worked well for me on general stank in my house .
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phitmein View Post
X, if you are talking to me, then maybe buy some and spray the headliner and carpet and see what you got in a day or so .

Did you see all the testimonials ?

It looks like a lot of people swear by it .

All I know is it worked well for me on general stank in my house .
Yea I was talking to you. Payday Is today so ill check it out.
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #9
coralman
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Lol,a PEEJAY. Seriously the pee is an organic compound and professional carpet cleaners have chemicals that actually break down those compounds. I'll ask the dude that does the carpets where I work. You might also check at a lowes for a line of cleaners made by a company called ZEP.
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #10
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

PEEJAY

Build thread^^
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #11
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
Lol,a PEEJAY. Seriously the pee is an organic compound and professional carpet cleaners have chemicals that actually break down those compounds. I'll ask the dude that does the carpets where I work. You might also check at a lowes for a line of cleaners made by a company called ZEP.
Our zep just went out of buisness sad they have really good stuff. Lmao at peejay
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
I run a Cleaning and Restoration company. Most of the off the shelf products don't work very well, depending on how severe the issue is. I would clean the area as thoroughly as possible, the more you can remove the better. Is it a specific area? You may call a local carpet cleaning company and see if they have something to treat the area after you clean it. There are some products that contain enzymes that break down the urine after cleaning, and also an encapsulant that will keep the odor from being released from the material.

Cat urine is disgusting...

Edit: Every time you clean it with an extraction tool (steam cleaner) the contamanant will wick up the fiber as it dries so it will probably take several separate cleanings

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #13
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

^^I used to remodel trailer box homes (wobble boxes). Every single one had cat piss stains on the carpet. Vile **** it is.. Good luck OP.

Build thread^^
Unread 07-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #14
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

I swear the cats have it out for me I torment the stray cats all the time I guess I had it coming lol.
Unread 07-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #15
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Its not that bad anymore I just have a super good sense of smell like quite litterally I have to stick my nose to the passenger side hump to smell it so its driveable again.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.