I got a started on a TON of work (with pics) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > I got a started on a TON of work (with pics)

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Gear Installs at CCOR Special

Unread 03-16-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
zippome
2000 WJ 

I got a started on a TON of work (with pics)

well i got my check from insurance a bit ago and have been working on my jeep now that i have some time off from school. check the sig for stuff that is waiting to be installed. i have also been working on some smaller things such as the lock actuator in one of my doors, new speakers, a TON of wiring, a switch box etc...

i figured i would make this thread a mini-build thread to keep track of my progress along with posting some pics for you guys to see.

a couple of days ago i put in my new glass after the break in.

today i put in new front door speakers and worked some on my switch box. its going to have 6 toggle switches, each with an indicator LED. all of the wiring and stuff is going to be enclosed in a little box so that everything is nice and neat. i also started in fixing the giant hole in my center console. instead of replacing the whole thing, im just goin to patch it with some painted sheetmetal. this is also where my new CB will be going.

i still have a ton of work to do but i will update as soon as i can. im going to have a whole new jeep within the next 2 weeks.

here are some pics of yesterdays and todays progress.

this is whats the PO left me

this is where the new cb will be going.

this is the hole the thieves left me when the ripped out my cb

this is the start of my switch box

led's and toggle switches galore

this took forever to measure up

progress

4" Zone Offroad Kit, 16x7 Cragar Soft 8's, 265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns, Rock-It Sliders, Rancho SS, Yakima Load Warrior, Flowmaster Super 40, Reverse Lights, 2 Lights Up Front, Custom 6 Switch Plate, Cobra 76 XTR CB with PA, Lightbar, Custom Hitch Tire Carrier, Fleabay Warm Air Intake
zippome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
zippome
2000 WJ 

i finally got all the switched and led's. so far i wired the first 3 switches and led's and everything works! i just ran out of supplies.

here are some pictures of the new speakers.

i got the speakers for free from a friend. i couldnt pass it up
within the next week or so, i might replace all of the speakers and get a new amp to power them up.

well thats all i have so far. let me know what you guys think

mark
4" Zone Offroad Kit, 16x7 Cragar Soft 8's, 265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns, Rock-It Sliders, Rancho SS, Yakima Load Warrior, Flowmaster Super 40, Reverse Lights, 2 Lights Up Front, Custom 6 Switch Plate, Cobra 76 XTR CB with PA, Lightbar, Custom Hitch Tire Carrier, Fleabay Warm Air Intake
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Damn that looks pretty sharp, I wish my wiring was gonna be so clean.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

yea i really like the switch box thing that your building. I just might have to do that myself.

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
zippome
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixiesCJ3B View Post
yea i really like the switch box thing that your building. I just might have to do that myself.
do it up! i kept looking for something similar pre-built but everything that i like was in the 200$ and up range. i made my own for under 30 bucks.
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #6
hike4it
2004 WJ 

Cant wait to see the togle plate finished.
hike4it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
bigbluezj94
1994 ZJ 

how hard was it to get the door panel off. my zj i just ripped off but im a little more reluctant with my dub. i need to get some of those rivet like thingies for it... haha

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]BigBlue build 3/4 ton axles, LAs, 37s [/COLOR][/B]
[B][U][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=818891[/url] [/U][/B]

99 Grand Cherokee Laredo WJ, 4.7 liter, 247 Quadra Trac II, fully loaded

[color=Black][center][size=4][font=Showcard Gothic][color=Black][url="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][color=Black]Built Not Bought #033[/color][/url][/color][/font][/size][/center]
[/color]
[/CENTER]
bigbluezj94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #8
zippome
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluezj94 View Post
how hard was it to get the door panel off. my zj i just ripped off but im a little more reluctant with my dub. i need to get some of those rivet like thingies for it... haha
in the past week i have had all 4 door panels off. one for glass. one for lock actuator. and two for speakers. it took a bit of convincing but i managed. i only broke 1 or 2 clips per door (i didnt break any on one) so i just threw them back on and they are on pretty good. i dont plan on replacing the broken clips.

just dont be too scared of putting a bit of muscle into it
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #9
j.love
1994 ZJ 

Dude, that looks good. get us some completed pic's !

Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:37 PM   #10
pauler
2001 WJ 

Hey great work so far, nice shift lever ..

just wondering,

how hard was it for you to get those aftermarket 6/9 speakers in? And how deep were they, run into any problems? Thanks.
-Debadged, K&N CAI, Quad taillight mod, Yellowtop Optima, 3000 watt stereo setup, Kolak 3' Catback (flowmaster 70 with magnaflow tip and high flow magnaflow cat) with DMH electric cutout, Overland woodgrain wheel
pauler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #11
zippome
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauler View Post
Hey great work so far, nice shift lever ..

just wondering,

how hard was it for you to get those aftermarket 6/9 speakers in? And how deep were they, run into any problems? Thanks.
yea...... my gf thought it would be a great idea. oh well. it grew on me. it'll match my red led's.

they fit right in. the holes even matched up. i just spliced the wires and i was good to go. maybe i got lucky?
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:47 PM   #12
pauler
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippome View Post
yea...... my gf thought it would be a great idea. oh well. it grew on me. it'll match my red led's.

they fit right in. the holes even matched up. i just spliced the wires and i was good to go. maybe i got lucky?
Well, it looks good. I've been toying with the idea of upgrading it all myself too.
-Debadged, K&N CAI, Quad taillight mod, Yellowtop Optima, 3000 watt stereo setup, Kolak 3' Catback (flowmaster 70 with magnaflow tip and high flow magnaflow cat) with DMH electric cutout, Overland woodgrain wheel
pauler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #13
zippome
2000 WJ 

here are some more pictures i just took.

crazy wiring

the box that will cover everything. it only has 1 hole/grommet at the moment

lights that i got for 15$ of CL

the fourth one

the start of the bar (thanks quadratokn)
Unread 03-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #14
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Lookin good so far. I like the switches and I cant wait to see the lights in the light bar.
Unread 03-17-2009, 02:50 AM   #15
sandman
1993 ZJ 

nice, keep us posted! i like the switch panel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.