I Finally Cured My Death Wobble! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > I Finally Cured My Death Wobble!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 09-17-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
kwb18
2011 WK 

I Finally Cured My Death Wobble!

Saturday I was pretty bored and got sick of hearing this annoying noise on the rear left side of my jeep. After further investigation, I noticed my shock bushing was in pretty bad shape. I went and bought some new poly bushings and decided just to change out all of them. I was amazed at how beat up the old ones were. They were rubber and looked like they were almost ready to fall apart. Holes on both sides and completely flattened out. The front ones were in the worse shape! Just by putting my finger in them, they ripped right in half. The ride quality was night and day. The jeep now has some good bounce in it and rides very smooth. I knew this wouldn't cure my death wobble but knew it had to be done and well...I was bored. I was wrong, I got the jeep back on the freeway and the wheel is steady as can be and the steering seems very tight. The places on the road that gave me the DW no longer exist.

After changing out LCA bushings and new adj jks track bar, the cheapest upgrade worked. Only cost me about 15 bucks for 8 new poly bushings. I know that what worked for me may not work for the rest but just thought I would share.

DO YOU LIKE THAT DW! CAN YA FEEL THAT BODY!? HUH HUH HUH!? I HAVE EXORCISED THE DEMONS!

Last edited by kwb18; 09-17-2007 at 01:51 PM..
kwb18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #2
Cebby
2000 WJ 

More info on the bushings!! P/N, manufacturer, etc...
2000 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 Taupe Frost - Clayton LA Front/Rear | IRO 3" Springs + 3/4" KOR | Bilstein Shocks | JKS Discos/Trackbar/Draglink & Tierod | Dual KOR Stabs | Spidertrax Spacers | 265/70R17 Duratrac's on JK 17's | Black Magic Brakes w/Centric Rotors | Akebono Calipers | Griffin Rad | K&N Drop in | Magnaflow Cat & Muffler shorty setup | Diehard Platinum (Odyssey) | RB1-NAV-Sirius-Chg-iPod | OEM Tow Hooks F/R
Cebby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
Upside
2002 WJ 

You basically replaced the bushings in the ends of the shocks with poly?
Upside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2007, 11:21 AM   #4
kwb18
2011 WK 

Yeah I just took out the old rubber ones, inserted new energy suspension bushings for front and rear, total of 8. Took me about 1 hour if that to do all four shocks.
Unread 09-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #5
Eshindi
1999 WJ 

where did u buy the bushings?
Can u give use a link plz?

My Build Log
Eshindi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #6
kwb18
2011 WK 

4 wheel parts. I live right by them. Perks of being some what close to Moab I guess. : ) I checked their website but for some reason they don't have them on there for a jeep. The dude went out there and looked at my shocks and gave me the packs. They have a customer service number of 877 474 4821. I'm sure other 4 wheel parts stores or websites have them. They are pretty easy to come by.
Unread 09-17-2007, 01:40 PM   #7
CLNinja
1993 ZJ 

by the way the word you are looking for is

exorcised not exercised
[color="#003300"]Matt[/COLOR]
[color="white"][CENTER][size="1"]
[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434081"][color="white"]Click Here For My Build Thread[/COLOR][/url]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][B]**September 2009 Grand Cherokee Of The Month**[/B]
[SIZE="2"][url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123"][color="white"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #88[/COLOR][/url][/SIZE][/CENTER]
CLNinja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #8
kwb18
2011 WK 

Fixed the spelling as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.