i am buying new tires. any input about my selection? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > i am buying new tires. any input about my selection?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 02-21-2002, 11:22 PM   #1
sadler207j

i am buying new tires. any input about my selection?

I have my heart and my wallet set to buy 31" good year wrangler MT/R , its a mud/ daily driver. 4 tires will run me $ 615 after every thing, this is the best price from Tire Rack. I included shipping and mount/ballance. any input about my sellection or where to buy would be great. also if you feel i should go with another tire, let me know. I dont want all terrain but rather a mud t/a . This is for my 93 zj, it has a lift with worn 31" dick cepeks. thank you zj/yj owner. and scuba driver. p.s look these goodyears up online, I had seen them online and on a zj and they look good

sadler207j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2002, 02:00 AM   #2
The Grand Pooh-Bah
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Goodyear MT/R's are a very good tire. The BFG Mud Terrains are also an excellent tire. If you plan on doing some serious wheeling you might want to consider the Super Swamper SSR's
Unread 02-24-2002, 07:21 PM   #3
kuzma97ZJ

I bought 31" procomp mud-terrains at the 4-wheel and off road jamboree in Bloomsburg in 2000. National tire and wheel was havin a special buy 3 get 4. It ended up being like $320. They are the best tire I have ever seen for wear with a mud-terrain tread. I ran them more on road then dirt because I commuted an hour each way for a semester during college. I still have them on and they are wearing thin but still not too the wear marks. So if you can afford them I would definately go with the procomps, you won't be sorry believe me
1997 grand cherokee 4.0L, forest green, 3" skyjacker, 1" spacers, adj. front track bar, skyjacker sway bar dissconnects, procomp steering stabilizer, 31" super swamper LTB's, safari bar w/ 2 KC's, custom roof rack w/ 2 KC's, tow hooks front and back, CB, dynomax turbo muffler, custom K&N filter charger, 2 12" sony explode subs.
kuzma97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2002, 03:03 AM   #4
sadler207j

well thanks for the reply. i looked into the procomp tires and i like what i see. this must be my lucky day because as I look up at the top of this page I see the pro comp 4 tires for the price of 3 ad. I am going to seriously consider this purchase. I will let you know how I made out. thanks again.
Unread 02-25-2002, 03:53 AM   #5
sadler207j

I went to the 4 wheel parts web site to order my tires(pro comp mud terrain). but there is no mention on the site of the 4 for the price of 3. as advertised on this forum. (top right) ?????? what am I missing ??? I was ready to jump on that deal. they also offer free shipping if ordered before march 1st. can anyone help?
Unread 02-25-2002, 06:04 PM   #6
sadler207j

I was able to get a sales person at 4wheel parts. they hooked me up with the 4 for 3 deal and the free shipping, total for the pro comp mud t/a 431.53

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.