How to reset the time and driver center on 96 ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > How to reset the time and driver center on 96 ZJ

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
ianjadkins
1996 ZJ 

How to reset the time and driver center on 96 ZJ

Hello all,

My ZJ has no manual and I had to have the wife disconnect the battery while I was at work. I need to reset the date and time. When I press the set or select button it does nothing. How do I set it?

She called in a panic because the headlights never went off when she locked the doors while in auto position. She noticed a few hours later and called me. I had her try a few things over the phone and she couldn't find the fuse so I had her disconnect the battery so It wouldn't be dead when I got home.

I got home and looked for the daytime running light module, and it had melted a pool of plastic under it. I disconnected it, now everything works like normal(except no more running lights), but the high beam indictor doesn't work. Oh well

Anyone know where to get a good deal on one? I am going to try my parts guy today but am sure it will be about the same as the dealer ($300ish). Will try a wrecker.

Thanks,

Ian

ianjadkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianjadkins View Post
Anyone know where to get a good deal on one? I am going to try my parts guy today but am sure it will be about the same as the dealer ($300ish). Will try a wrecker.
Ian,

I have a new DRL module Chrysler Part Number 56004262 that I don't need. PM me for details, send me an offer.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

To set the date and time on the VIC, push and hold the Set button for about 3-5 seconds. The hour will start blinking. Release the Set button, push it once to increment the hours. Repeat until the hours displays the current time. Press the Reset button to move to start the minutes flashing. Use the Set button to change the minutes. Continue in the same process until all units are displayed correctly. Once the month and date are set, push the Reset button until all units in the display are not flashing. Time and date are set.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.