How to: Remove ZJ Cladding Molding w/ pics - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > How to: Remove ZJ Cladding Molding w/ pics

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #16
merkovd
1996 ZJ 

Like the Matte black. Certainly a different look. My daughter drives the green one now. We did end up with cladding back on, added purple pin stripes. Going to do the "Jeep" and "4 x 4" badges in purple. Just need to figure out how to glue them back on. Any suggestions? I will post some new photes when we get a chance.

merkovd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #17
airman401
1994 ZJ 

Im too scared my paint underneath will be a disaster.
airman401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #18
merkovd
1996 ZJ 

I understand your fear. Being in SC you may not be too bad as you don't get the road salt we get in Western Pennsylvania. Ours was surprisingly in better shape than I feared. I only had some rust where the edges of the clad met the sheetmetal. If you intent to leave the clad off you will need to do something with the "studs" that are welded to the sheet metal to hold the clips. I suppose you could leave them, but if you run your hand over them when washing it you can rip your skin.
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #19
dunkeye11
1996 ZJ 

I just changed mine and cleaned under the rockers
Only 2 little rust spots!!! Yippie!
Well not really
I'm gonna replace the driver side fender.....
Also bedliner on the rocker guards
image-3164376519.jpg  
dunkeye11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #20
cdaniels85
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkovd View Post
I understand your fear. Being in SC you may not be too bad as you don't get the road salt we get in Western Pennsylvania. Ours was surprisingly in better shape than I feared. I only had some rust where the edges of the clad met the sheetmetal. If you intent to leave the clad off you will need to do something with the "studs" that are welded to the sheet metal to hold the clips. I suppose you could leave them, but if you run your hand over them when washing it you can rip your skin.
Another Greensburg member. Makes two of us now!

I glued a piece back onto the passenger door when one corner came loose. I didn't know any better at the time.
cdaniels85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #21
Octotat
1995 ZJ 

This was mine with the cladding off
010.jpg  
Octotat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #22
Octotat
1995 ZJ 

And after replacing the cladding with bed liner. I've since cleaned up the poor rounding on the fender flares
031.jpg  
Unread 07-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #23
Octotat
1995 ZJ 

And final shot
032.jpg  
Unread 08-01-2013, 06:05 AM   #24
merkovd
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaniels85 View Post
Another Greensburg member. Makes two of us now!

I glued a piece back onto the passenger door when one corner came loose. I didn't know any better at the time.
There are quite a few ZJs running around in Greensburg, although ours is the only one in our shade of green. My daughter gets a lot of comments when she drives it. I even get a few when I have it out for a run.

Just picked up a Compass a few weeks ago. I know many don't consider these to be a real "Jeep" but the daughter likes it. She is thinking about going with the same shade of green as the ZJ. If we get it shot, I will post some picks when I update our profile.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.