How much to fix? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > How much to fix?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-28-2003, 11:21 AM   #1
Black96ZJ

How much to fix?

So last night at like 2:30 my friends girlfriend leaves his house to go home for the night. She backed right into my driver door. There is a ddent the size of the door and the cladding is all busted up. Does anybody know about how much it will be to fix? I need to get a ballpark estimate for someone to fix it but i cant find anyone who is open on sat. or sun. and she goes to jamaica tommorrow night. Anyone know about how much this will cost?

Thanks in advance
- Dan

Black96ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 10:11 PM   #2
Black96ZJ

Anyone have an idea?
Unread 06-30-2003, 09:12 AM   #3
automan25

You're best off getting a professional opinion on bodywork. It requires experience with body work, and actually seeing the damage to determine cost. With replacement sheetmetal, and body cladding, plus the cost of the labor, and the painting involved I wouldn't be surprised if it came close to $1000. This is a total educated guess however; you really need to go to a shop and get some real numbers.

Also, even though all who were involved are friends (or used to be anyway) you should take extensive photos of the damage on both cars, and write down a summary of events leading up to the incident. This will be helpful in case there is any dispute in the future as to the actual events that occured.

A friend of mine recently was rear-ended, and the wreck totaled her car. She has a good habit of leaving a cheap disposable camera in all of her vehicles. When this wreck occured, she was able to snap a full roll of both cars, before the police came and moved them out of the road. As a result of doing this, there was no question as to who was at fault. It really saved her bacon when it came time to get the insurance company to pony up some cash.

Last edited by automan25; 06-30-2003 at 09:15 AM..
automan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2003, 01:34 PM   #4
Black96ZJ

Update: Took it to a body shop today, the total : 1,004......around 250 parts and the rest labor. That was a very good guess. Her parent are writing me a check when they get back fro vacation.....now the dilema. Should I get it fixed or use that money towards a lift/tires? It's not that noticeable but I dunno what I should do. Any opinions>?
Unread 06-30-2003, 02:45 PM   #5
automan25

Have you thought about finding the body pieces you need from a wrecking yard, and trying to paint them yourself? You could potentially save a bunch of money that way, and still have some left for your lift and tires.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.