how much faster is the 4.7 than the 5.9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > how much faster is the 4.7 than the 5.9

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-22-2003, 11:50 PM   #1
kevintomb

how much faster is the 4.7 than the 5.9

im curious how much faster the high output 4.7 liter engine ive been reading about is compared to the old 5.9 liter offered in 1998?.....The 4.7 seems to be a cool engine from what ive been reading about on a grand cherokee forum. Ive seen acceleration tests of the 5.9 and it seemed fairly quick for a suv, but im really interested in what the 4.7 can do, as its a more modern engine and it weight less etc.

kevintomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2003, 02:21 AM   #2
kbohip

The 4.7 HO is about the same as the 5.9. I know becuase I've owned both. The nice thing about the 4.7 though is the gas mileage, I get around 5 mpg better with it, on mid-grade gas, than I did with the 5.9. The 5.9 takes premium only. For more info check out this thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...threadid=38467
kbohip is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.