How much cutting will i need to do for... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > How much cutting will i need to do for...

ENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTIEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSmittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
MrMoosecakes
1997 ZJ 

How much cutting will i need to do for...

Hey guys just wondering how much fender trimming will I need to do to fit 33x12.5 tires under my zj with an IRO 4.5 inch lift? I've had people tell me I'd need to cut a lot and other people tell me ill only need to trim the bumper cover

MrMoosecakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

depends on how your lift is set up and how it settles. Not to mention how big your tires actually are. As well as backspacing of current rims, or new rims, or old rims and spacers.

So as far as wheels go, backspacing? Stock+spacers? What's the plan here?
Unread 05-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
Moparich
1996 ZJ 

thats funny i just posted my 33's and 3" lift pics in the lifted zj pics thread.

i had to hammer the pinch welds in and i trimmed a heavy 1" from around the front fender. havent been up to flex it to see if i have any more rubbing but i did bounce it around in a field near here and so far so good
Moparich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
MrMoosecakes
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj
depends on how your lift is set up and how it settles. Not to mention how big your tires actually are. As well as backspacing of current rims, or new rims, or old rims and spacers.

So as far as wheels go, backspacing? Stock+spacers? What's the plan here?
Honestly not sure the back spacing on my wheels but I planned on buying spacers to pole them out of the wheel wells about a half inch. There 33x12.5 geolander m/ts on 15x8 procomp rock crawlers
MrMoosecakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

idk back spacing on the pro comps. you might need spacers, might not, but they'll keep the tires from rubbing on the CA's.

As for trim...some people sit at 3" on 31's and need 0 trim, I'm about 3-3.25 and had to trim in the front (took off the bumper, screw it). Throw them on and see.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.